My new altar!

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
nyxmoonshadow

My new altar!

Post by nyxmoonshadow »

Oh my gosh, I am *insert Valley girl accent here* like so super excited to show my new altar! My mom was awesome to gift me a couple of bucks, so I high tailed it to the local dollar store and found all these great goodies.

If you've read my blog post about the wind God Notus, you'll see that there's an air element vibe that overcame me while shopping. And as always, Nyx subtly guided me to get something for her. There isn't a lot of information on her that I could find (although it's not surprising, since she is shrouded in mystery) to see what I could use as an offering, when I was practically assaulted by the scent of gardenias. I followed my nose (lol) and found burning oil with a gardenia scent. I've done some research and gardenias, or certain species bloom at night. Right before, I found the most beautiful fragrant oil burner with a moon and stars motif, and vanilla oil as a bonus.
The red flowers on the plate in the middle reminded me of Nyx also, so I nabbed those too. The plate is porcelain, with roses and a bluebird, which I thought suitable as an offering plate or a place to put some earth/sea salt. The two blue candles represent the Lord and Lady, and the glass bowl/chalice type thing is for burning things in so I don't set my house on fire. Yes, one of my first times practicing Wicca, my best friend and I set her room on fire. We tried to put it out with Snapple , but that just made the flames even bigger. Tip of the day? Snapple is really bad for you if it makes a fire worse.

The purple box beneath everything has all of my herbs, my handmade pentacle, my altar cloth, and some tea lights and tapered candles. I don't leave that stuff out because it will get dirty or ruined with my kitties running around. Other stuff I got was some burning oils: gardenia, lilac, lily of the valley, and Egyptian musk. The musk has a familiar scent and definitely reminded me of something that would be smelled in ancient Egypt, if that makes sense. And finally, I got incense in jasmine and sandalwood.

Wow, I got a teensy bit carried away with this post, but I was so excited to share my first altar. One I don't have to hide, too!

Love & Light
Kitty
azriel

Re: My new altar!

Post by azriel »

Yay! I am happy that you have been able to set up an altar, and a beautiful one at that! One would say it is a coincidence that you were able to create this after Nyx introduced herself to you. = ) But we know that she is simply trying to create a deeper connection with you!

What is the plate with the flower motif and bird, it is absolutely lovely!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It looks so pretty. That's the first square chalice I've seen. Nice! ::coolglasses::
nyxmoonshadow

Post by nyxmoonshadow »

azriel wrote:Yay! I am happy that you have been able to set up an altar, and a beautiful one at that! One would say it is a coincidence that you were able to create this after Nyx introduced herself to you. = ) But we know that she is simply trying to create a deeper connection with you!

What is the plate with the flower motif and bird, it is absolutely lovely!

Azriel
^-^~
Thanks azriel! The plate is...I guess an offering bowl? I put things I find on my walks there or anything that I can offer deity that they would like. Mostly it's things that I see when I'm expressing gratitude towards them, if that makes sense?

Echo_of_shadows wrote:It looks so pretty. That's the first square chalice I've seen. Nice! ::coolglasses::
Thank you, Echo! It was the last one on the shelf and I couldn't pass it up, I've never seen one either, hahaha
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Oh my! That beautiful... And its done right on your stand thingy! So small and easy to maintain. I think ill try one myself!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
seawitch

Post by seawitch »

I love your altar. It's so beautiful and simple :)
nyxmoonshadow

Post by nyxmoonshadow »

Thank you seawitch!
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Nyx is indeed shrowed in mystery. Even Zeus himself feared and respected her!

Return to “Altar Pictures”