Freaky Tarot Experiences

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
The_Reclining_Reader

Freaky Tarot Experiences

Post by The_Reclining_Reader »

I want to read about some odd Tarot experiences. I'll start.

About a year ago I'd gathered together with some other Wiccans (being a solitary myself, it doesn't happen often.) I was sitting at a table, chatting about the ritual we were about to perform (it was Ostara), and I was shuffling my cards. Some of the people I was talking to had never seen the Thoth deck before, and had been interested in viewing them. I'd already done a couple of reading. Anyway, as I was shuffling, the cards slipped out of my hands. That hadn't happened in quite a while, and I was quite surprised. All of the cards landed face down except for one. Most of us being Tarot readers, we stared at the card in shock before I quickly scooped them back up.

The card facing up was The Moon. Mwhahahahaha!
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
Sakura Blossom

Re: Freaky Tarot Experiences

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That's amusing. (:

I use my cards to communicate directly with my deities, one of which is Loki. After awhile of working with him, I found I really loved the way his name was spelled out in runes and was considering getting it as a tattoo. I decided to ask His opinion, just for fun, but the card I pulled was "The Devil" which as you know, one of the main keywords for it is 'bondage' and the card from that deck was... Incredibly sexual, which if you know the stories surrounding Loki, totally fits.

Then another instance, is I was asking about whether or not someone was playing tricks and I pulled a card that was literally him running away with Sif's golden hair in his hand.

Those are the two big ones I can think of right off the top of my head. The first is what really sticks with me, though. Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Tarot Talk”