Online Coven

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Online Coven

Post by SnowCat »

I think the High Priest/ess rules vary from one coven to another. I met someone years ago who insisted that only someone who had been initiated by a High Priest/ess could call themselves a witch. As a Solitary, I disagree with that perception. That particular person also just really bothered me. She had a very know-it-all attitude. She certainly knew what her coven had taught her, but she discounted anything that others said.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
azriel

Post by azriel »

NoahC wrote:Of course not. Well do you me divine path? Or right, wrong, and fate? Because it'll be all except wrong. Ye harm non, an carry on.

What I meant was if the coven focused on a specific faith such as Asatru or Wicca. I have always thought that covens focused on one area.

This could simply be my lack of understanding of covens. Sorry!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Nah that fine! But its all up to the coven.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

But yeah. Asatru would be accepted
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Ok. Excuse my language but maybe we could just screw covens? Lets call it... The Pagan International Online Commune! PIOC.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm good with that.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Would you like to be a memberrr [WINKING FACE]
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Sure. I'll try to contain my enthusiasm a bit better. Thanks for catching my double post. Haven't done that in a while. Until this week. I just washed my paws and I can't do a thing with them.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

SnowCat wrote:I think the High Priest/ess rules vary from one coven to another. I met someone years ago who insisted that only someone who had been initiated by a High Priest/ess could call themselves a witch. As a Solitary, I disagree with that perception. That particular person also just really bothered me. She had a very know-it-all attitude. She certainly knew what her coven had taught her, but she discounted anything that others said.

Snow
Totally agreed, SnowCat.
I had a "pleasure" of talking to a high priestess with a similar attitude to the one you mentioned. Well, that's the problem with being initiated - some people act as if through initiation they get on a higher level and are allowed to look at everyone else from above. To me it was funny to watch - the high priestess was talking nonsense, all the people initiated to her coven + friends were just blindly agreeing with her just because she was the priestess. But that's how it basically works in the formal wiccan traditions (alexandrian/gardenian) - you get initiated by the priest/ess, you study what's unique to the coven's tradition. The system of formal Wicca kinda encourages this kind of behavior, to be fair. (Of course I'm not trying to bash the whole system nor am I saying that every high priestess is a failure - just sharing some thoughts on what I've seen from the outsider's position.)
That's why I think you guys don't need any high priest/ess in your online coven.
Good luck with making it all work! ;)

@Edit: Just wanted to add a few technical tips.
NoahC wrote:maybe we could just screw covens? Lets call it... The Pagan International Online Commune! PIOC.
Are you sure you even need to separate it from this forum, Noah? I mean you already have an international pagan online commune here on this forum - it's all here, ready to be organized ;) You can establish a group of EUTM members who would like to work as a group/coven - set the rules together, set up your field of magickal works and the way you want to perform them as an online group. Then you can start organizing certain events, like common rituals at a set day and hour using a script created together; common meditation for a certain (global?) cause; online debriefings after each ritual to share your experiences etc. Stuff like that ;)
That's just a few really basic tips from someone who's a bit experienced with leading online groups of people. Having a basic outline of the project and sharing it with others might make them more interested in joining - people like concrete info.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I had actually planned on doing that!
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

So, should we just make a thread? Or like ask an admin?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Xiao, what do you think?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Well, I think it's an interesting idea -- certainly worth an experiment -- although I'm not the one who has the final say-so on the subject. I just PMed Starwitch on the matter, since this is her space and she's the only one who can create subforums and stuff like that ...
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Woot! Social Experiment!!!!!!
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Has anything ever come of this?

I like the idea of a community that works together online for astral based rituals and spells.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”