First time looking past the veil...

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
springsgrace

First time looking past the veil...

Post by springsgrace »

Hello everyone, I hope your samhain/beltane celebrations are going well!
On the topic, since it's beltane I thought it would be appropriate to call upon my ancestors. My grandparents have all passed in the past few years and it would be lovely to at least let them know I thank them for their input in my life or to get some sort of presence.
However, I have some concerns. Firstly, is how exactly do I go about doing this? I am considering lighting some candles, laying out some cinnamon scones and sun tea I made, and meditating. If there are alternative ways of doing this that I'm not aware of that could be effective for a beginner, please let me know. Secondly, my most recently passed grandmother (my mother's mother) was a very dedicated Christian missionary. I'm unsure whether to attempt something like this, since Paganism is a sin in the bible. The thought makes me a little uneasy.
So, any thoughts? I really appreciate it, since I'm really a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing.
Thank you! :evilwitch:
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: First time looking past the veil...

Post by SnowCat »

I don't think religious affiliations are as important on the other side of the veil. I think your grandmother would accept and appreciate the intent, even if she disagrees with the form.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”