Has anyone read..

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Sundancer

Has anyone read..

Post by Sundancer »

Has anyone here read, Hands-on Chaos Magic by Andrieh Vitimus? I don't know very much about Chaos Magick but I am interested in learning about it.
Shub Niggurath

Re: Has anyone read..

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hey Sundancer,
I haven't read the book you're asking about but I can recommend you a few titles if you're interested in Chaos Magick.
If you really want to understand this path I'd suggest reading P. J. Carroll's books - he's the one who actually "invented" Chaos Magick. "Liber Null" and "Psychonaut" is a must. When you read "Liber Null" and you decide you wanna know more, you can move on to "Liber Kaos" which is a bit more advanced.
Also "Condensed Chaos" by P. Hine is a good book.
I know a few more but the ones I mentioned are definitely the most important ones to read.

E-books:
Liber Null
Liber Kaos
Condensed Chaos (not a full book)
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Thank you, Levitating Cat! Do you practice Chaos Magick?
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

No problem, Sundancer. If you need any further help with the topic I'll gladly help.
As for practicing Chaos Magick... Well, it's more like a philosophical system, approach or a way of perceiving magickal workings so it's hard to say that someone practices it per se. But yes, I do agree with Chaos Magick's philosophy even though I don't want to be associated with Chaotes in any way. I know that probably sounds a bit confusing but this is the most precise answer I can give you ;)
Eliphas Blackthorn

Post by Eliphas Blackthorn »

Well, I read half of it. I have a copy of it at home. I didn't care for it much. I love his podcast and was really hyped up for this book but so far it seems to have a Silver Ravenwolf kind of feel to it with the Psi ball exercises and such. I expected more but like I said in all fairness I have not read it all the way through.

Return to “Book Reviews”