Levels of Consciousness?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Soul

Levels of Consciousness?

Post by Soul »

Hi,
Generally, are there levels of consciousness that can be correlated with the seven chakras, ascending from the root chakra to the crown chakra? I mean, can we view a progression through seven levels of consciousness, as we work on each chakra in ascending order? What are the names of these levels of consciousness? And what characterizes each one? (I'm trying to understand ascending chakra work and progressing through levels of consciousness, in connection with various types of conflict resolution.)

I had asked this previously, but primarily from the subject of chakras.

Has anyone read the work of Julian Jaynes?

Thanks, Peace, and Blessed Be!
Soul
Shub Niggurath

Re: Levels of Consciousness?

Post by Shub Niggurath »

I'm going to reply in a fun way - here, check this children's show. It is simplified of course (leaves more space for your personal ponderings) but pretty darn accurate if you ask me ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FkMr21xOA
AnaisStar

Re: Levels of Consciousness?

Post by AnaisStar »

I guess it depends on what school of thought you prescribe to. Some do say that there are levels of consciousness and they have given them names.

I work in a more tantra yoga path so, I kind of believe that you are conscious or not. You can become conscious or increase your consciousness through working with the Chakras. But I would NOT say that The Root Chakra is ______ conscious level. Rather, I think it's a stepping stone on the path up the chakras and into consciousness.

To me and my path, consciousness is about becoming more awakened, connecting to the earth, connecting to the divine energy that is within us all. I acheive this through meditation, mantra, yantra, all of the yoga limbs, and connection to deity. Among other ways.
Soul

Chakra Cleansing Re: Levels of Consciousness?

Post by Soul »

Levitating Cat,
Thanks so much for the video. I watched it twice and wrote down all the chakra levels and their corresponding governing principles and the blockage forces. As with other aspects of whole-being wellness, it would seem that various areas need tending as conflicts arise. And we don't necessarily go through all seven chakras in linear fashion every time, do we? This presentation gave me an outline of information to ponder further. Overall, it makes sense and confirms that I can apply it to a project I'm working on. Thanks again! :)
Peace and Blessed Be,
Soul
Levitating Cat wrote:I'm going to reply in a fun way - here, check this children's show. It is simplified of course (leaves more space for your personal ponderings) but pretty darn accurate if you ask me ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FkMr21xOA

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”