When you know death is coming?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Nyd

When you know death is coming?

Post by Nyd »

I am trying to find out more about a certain "ability"/ phenomenon.

Basically all my abilities greatly increased when I became a teenager. I started reading about witchcraft at 11.
Now, I don't have any significant abilities, they are very subtle. But when I was about 12 I started being able to predict the death of our Aquarium fishes. Some just looked sick or weak to me. It was more intuition than anything at the time, but it made me not want to keep fish anymore.

I have always been a fan of rabbits, guinea pigs and rats and can create a great bond with even shy animals. There were always some more special than others too...almost like a person. Very hard to explain.

When I was 16 ('99) a very special rat of mine was old and a bit sick. She was fairly weak but that night when placing food in her box she climbed on my hand. I placed her back down, but she tried again, and even though she was so weak she held on so tight and I could not get her off. I thought it was weird and that for some reason she may not want to be alone. I sat down with her and what I witnessed I will never forget - she was dying in my lap. At first she only sat down, then slowly switched to laying on her side. Her breathing changed and eventually every breath she took was further apart...until finally she completely stopped and was dead.

It was very peaceful....sad, but peaceful and I was happy to have been with her in her last moments. I was hoping I could do this for other pets in the future too, because it must be sad if you die alone.

From then on every pet that died on it's own, I guided into death so to say. But it became scarier with time and many odd things happened to make me aware of things. All my pets were of old age, so between 2000-2003 so many were dying. When my rabbit died, the phone rang twice at 3 in the morning but no one answered. When I turned the light on I saw my rabbit laying on her side.

Many other times a horrible feeling just overcame me and when I went to see my pet, death was near. Some died quite painfully. It was not peaceful at all and they were squirming, squeaking or shivering while I was holding them and trying to comfort them. I felt really unwell and almost paralyzed just before it was over.

I was hoping not to experience it again to be honest.

The next pet had to euthanized because her kidney's were failing and she was weak. However, after the vet out her to sleep and placed a shot in her heart to kill her...she would not die. She repeated it twice, waiting each time but my rat did not want to die. So this was just as horrible because it did not feel right...like it wasn't her time and not for me to decide.
I continued on with with guiding future pets, but knew I wanted these to be my last. Eventually I started missing a lot of deaths while I was at school or work.

My last rat went peacefully. She was diagnosed with kidney failure and 4 tumors at age 2. I was told she would die within weeks and to euthanize her. But I did not want to go that route. Instead I made her life most comfortable...she was allowed to be outside of her cage all day and I fed her from my plate, thinking she won't live much longer.
But her conditions bettered, the tumors stopped growing and she lived to be over 4 years old. Which is astronomical for a rat. Just like with the first rat that died in my arms, she went peacefully.

Ever since I haven't had any critters because honestly...it is too distressing.

What would you call this phenomenon? I was never to know about any death earlier than a few hours really or often felt like checking on them just when they were dying.
I'm sure intuition plays a role, but maybe something else too. I should mention I am good and diagnosing and solving health issues.
:needrune:
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.
Kassandra

Re: When you know death is coming?

Post by Kassandra »

Nyd wrote:What would you call this phenomenon?...I should mention I am good and diagnosing and solving health issues.
I would say what you experience is a type of psychic ability called, "medical intuition." Google it to find out more about it, there is ample information. And better yet, find a medical intuitive and get a real reading done. You would be amazed. You might think to yourself, "hey, that's what I do!"

Medical intuitives [I'll call it MI to save some typing, lol] don't need a formal medical education in order to use their ability. It just comes naturally. One MI I know of calls herself "a walking, talking MRI machine." She was told to "shut up" about it when she was a child, and got in trouble for spontaneously predicting things and blurting out her predictions. An MI will see the energy patterns within the body, but won't necessarily use medical terminology to describe what she sees. She may not even be acquainted with formal anatomy at all, and will describe things using metaphoric language that is innate to her way of speaking and personal understanding.

So, she might say, "In this area here, I see a little wall of fire burning [her way of saying an "inflammation"]. I see a little elevator and white things go up and down to where the fire is [perhaps her way of describing white corpuscles fighting an infection causing the inflammation]. I also see a scarf around your neck that's tied too tightly and making it hard for you to speak [maybe indicating laryngitis or tonsillitis]." I'm making this all up, but you get my drift. A fun and perhaps interesting homework assignment for you (or any other budding MI :wink: ), should you choose to accept it, would be to keep a notebook with you and jot down any metaphors that come to you about people or animals you see. No one else needs to see your notes, only you. But if you'd like a public (yet still anonymous) outlet in which to share them, feel free to start a blog here (look in the Members' Nook forum for the Members' Blogs subforum, I think). Start sharpening your skills!

Yes, death is a hard one when you see it on people or animals. Everyone has their time, and you have the unfortunate ability to see others,' whether you like it or not. But, think of all the good that could come of your ability, as well. I would say most MIs, I've either read about or spoken to personally, gravitated toward some aspect of the medical field as a career. I don't think this is a coincidence. Often, they'd never heard the term, "medical intuitive," nor knew it was any kind of psychic ability --and yet, possessed that very ability. So, the result is that many nurses, for instance, are highly intuitive. Some of them might think it's just because they've been working in their field so long, but my hunch is that many of them are MIs. This is neither here nor there, but it's an interesting thought, if nothing else.

When natural medical intuitives DO go on to get formal medical training, they then acquire the proper vocabulary to describe their readings. So, using the examples above, they would actually say the medical terms instead of using creative metaphors like wall of fire, elevator, or scarf. Still, MIs should not diagnose people, even if the MI is actually an MD (and yes, I've heard of overtly psychic MDs). Ethically-speaking, they should do one or the other. If they're working at a hospital as an MD, they should not be diagnosing people or directing them to take some pill "because I'm psychic so you should listen to me." That should not even be brought up.

And conversely, when MIs are working formally as a psychic, say doing readings on a website or in-person consultations, they should say things like, "I see [such and such] happening on this part your body, so you should have lab work done at a hospital, and follow the doctor's orders as to what to do or what meds to take," and not take it any farther than that. To take it farther would be irresponsible, and probably hold quite a bit of legal liability. See what I'm sayin'? So, there is an ethical way of doing this and it's crucial an MI follow such protocol, for her own sake.

Anyway, hope something of that helped.

Cheers.

Nyd

Re: When you know death is coming?

Post by Nyd »

Thank you Kassandra!

That was very interesting. From what you describe I think I may have a very mild MI gift. I have never been able to look at someone and directly notice that something is wrong.

Nowadays I have more medical knowledge which I acquired to treat my own diseases. I always had a good intuition for what was wrong with me and how I best solve the problem, what information is helpful and what isn't. I searched a lot online and somehow was always able to filter useless from helpful.

Now that I have good medical knowledge, I know what symptoms to watch out for. I can tell a lot by how people look...the skin, the hair, the eyes...and if they do explain certain health issues to me I can easily connect the dots. It almost feels like math in my head, like a word game, brain storming, a puzzle. Once I have obtained some info I will often get like a "flash" of what I think the problem is...Not a vision or image, just a possible diagnosis. I am usually right about this too.

Especially with my own diagnosis I have always been right. I had to prove doctors wrong at times. It is frustrating when they don't want to listen to you though.
I entertain a health blog where I share my story and things that have worked for me and it has helped so many, which I am really glad about. :) People were able to self diagnose because of it.
So you are right about the medical career in a way...Though it can get a bit much for me sometimes, because I also feel all the misery and worries people deal with. If I have problems myself, I can not always answer all the emails.
I would definitely want to improve both, knowledge and intuition so I can help more people, as well as keep myself healthy. I was the type to every disease in the book...for god knows what reason so I have worked on myself in many ways. I am also much stronger and balanced emotionally nowadays and unafraid.

What happened to me when it comes to death is similar to when I know I got a message from someone...like all of a sudden I felt like checking on my animal. I do message with someone who I seem to have some connection with, because I was able to predict the relationship (I wrote about it in another thread) and I will know I got a message from him within 1-3 mins, rarely 5 mins. I don't have the sound on to train myself, because this never happened to me :)
Well that is how it was when a dear pet was near death a lot of the time.
:needrune:
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”