Black Dragon Dream

Moonfire

Black Dragon Dream

Post by Moonfire »

So I had a different dream last night. I can't remember most of it but I remember the ending half of it. I was visiting some family who live out in the woods and something that they did awakened a massive black dragon. Now, normally for me, dragons are awesome and it would be much more friendly, maybe even an ally or something. However, this one was very malevolent, classic black dragon with bright red eyes and it spoke. Now I knew my family was about to do something that would cause something terrible to happen (aka the dragon coming) and I had tried to stop it. I think this is what made it angry with me. I'm not %100 certain on that but I do know that it WAS angry with me.

It started to attack, breathing its fire and my family (and some people I didn't recognize) began to fight with it. I knew that we couldn't win and I also knew that it mostly wanted me. So I ran, partially to stay alive and partially to draw it away from my family and their home. Somehow one of my coworkers was there and she wanted to join me but since I didn't have time to argue, I let her come along and we plunged into the woods.

I remember then I heard the dragon shout in it's terrible voice, "You cannot run from me!"

It was then that these massive boulders that had been around us sprung to life and took on the form of dinosaur like creatures the size of buffalo. Like messengers or something. My coworker and I hid in this nook in a large tree. But I saw them rush back towards the house, where my family was still doing battle with the Dragon. I knew they wouldn't survive with those creatures joining in. So I turned us around, intending to get back in the house to get a katana (my family has a lot of collectible weapons like that).

When I get back (and get my katana) I come across one of my aunts and I learn that the dragon left but my family had splintered into individual groups of their own goals, instead of remaining united for when the dragon came back. I figured now was a good time to leave and hope that it would follow me. However, before I could, it came back and it was even bigger and stronger than before. I think it destroyed their house but my memory is a bit fuzzy there so I'm not sure. I do know that it caused immense devastation and it was still looking for me. I felt horrible and I couldn't let this thing continue to destroy their lives because it wanted me. I presented myself to the Dragon (after killing a couple of those weird dinosaur things that were going after my family) and said that I would give myself up freely if it would leave and never come back. It agreed to my terms and the way it moved then and said its sentence, I suddenly felt like it wasn't going to kill me. It reached out a clawed hand (or whatever you would call a dragons foot. xD ) and that was when the dream ended.

Sooooo.....malevolent dragons? Does this mean anything to anyone?
azriel

Re: Black Dragon Dream

Post by azriel »

I do not have a plethora of experience with dragons, but I did have a similar experience to you. I had a dream where I was trapped in a mountain maze and was pursued by a red dragon. I was absolutely sure he wanted to end my life, but he took a human form so that he could speak with me. He is no longer red, but a golden dragon and he is one of my dear team members.

In other words, the "violence" may have been the only way to get your attention. Since you were willing to do anything to protect your family, "attacking" your family may have been the fastest way to allow you to become aware of him. I would say try to ask to see him in a dream again or when you meditate so that you can ask him what is going on. Is he a helper, a guide, a mentor? Or is he simply trying to teach you a lesson? You may be surprised. His form may also shift a little bit to a more benevolent shade but a truly doubt that his ultimate goal was to do you harm.

This may be the beginning of a wonderful partnership for you!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

azriel wrote:I do not have a plethora of experience with dragons, but I did have a similar experience to you. I had a dream where I was trapped in a mountain maze and was pursued by a red dragon. I was absolutely sure he wanted to end my life, but he took a human form so that he could speak with me. He is no longer red, but a golden dragon and he is one of my dear team members.

In other words, the "violence" may have been the only way to get your attention. Since you were willing to do anything to protect your family, "attacking" your family may have been the fastest way to allow you to become aware of him. I would say try to ask to see him in a dream again or when you meditate so that you can ask him what is going on. Is he a helper, a guide, a mentor? Or is he simply trying to teach you a lesson? You may be surprised. His form may also shift a little bit to a more benevolent shade but a truly doubt that his ultimate goal was to do you harm.

This may be the beginning of a wonderful partnership for you!

Azriel
^-^~
I actually found out the cause of my dream about three days ago (give or take) and it turns out it wasn't really about me. I came across this girl on the internet who I've spoken casually with a few times. Recently she made a thread about the stresses in her life. Currently she is struggling with Depression and anxiety issues and is currently have trouble taking it with her meds because she is so stressed she can't really handle that much liquid anymore and the pudding she had taken to using has now begun to make her sick as well. It's been getting pretty bad. To top it off her father got a nasty divorce with her mother a few years ago and he had been manipulating and using her, harassing her mother and brainwashing her two younger siblings who now treat her mom horribly and are rude to her. When I was typing up a response to her, to give encouraging words, it all suddenly just hit me that it was the dream. The dragon was her depression and stress, the family is divided and the "coworker" part even fits since this girl is a part of the same guild that I am and is even a crew member in one of the ones I run. And since at the end of my dream I gave myself up to the dragon, I felt that she might have been contemplating suicide and it was already obvious that she somewhat (at least) blames herself for whats happening. I've made contact with her and am trying to give a helping hand. :]

Although if it turns out that there's a Dragon spirit animal or something trying to wiggle in, I certainly would not say no to that! Dragons are awesome! :D
azriel

Post by azriel »

I am happy that you have discovered the meaning!

I wish your friend luck as well. Depression is not an easy thing to tackle alone. Blessings and light.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt

Return to “Dragons”