Tale of the Lost Daughter

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Tale of the Lost Daughter

Post by Starwitch »

If you enjoy pagan/spiritual fiction, you'll really like this book.

Tale of the Lost Daughter (Path of She Series Book 1)
by Karen Clarke

Synopsis:

With the approach of the Winter Solstice, Sarah Ashby, a rising, young financial executive, has an emotional meltdown that unleashes an overpowering hunger for some essential, lost part of herself connected to her inner power and beauty, and the mysteries of the sacred feminine.

Following her instincts and the dream directives of a raven, Sarah propels herself on a spiritual adventure that lands her on a remote, rugged island on the Canadian West Coast and into the alternative, pagan world of magic, ritual and the Dark Goddess.

But how can Sarah navigate these strange waters without unraveling her existing world and sacrificing the things she most deeply cherishes?

Amazon Book Review

5 stars
Truly Magical and Inspiring!
By A. Moon

Captivatingly brilliant is the only way to describe the story that unfolds between the pages in Karen Clarks, Tale of the Lost Daughter. A story steeped in magic and ritual, clever characters and exquisitely vivid attention to detail, this one won't disappoint! Many times while reading I felt as though I was standing there experiencing the events right alongside Sarah, the stories primary protagonist. The story is compelling and will literally take you through a wide range of emotions; in one chapter your heart beating in suspense with anticipation, and in the next, sobbing with compassion and in honest despair for the situations Sarah finds herself in, and giggling in the next!

While this may well be Karen Clark's breakthrough novel, it is clear as you read on that she is expert when it comes to her craft. She is a remarkably gifted writer, who has managed to bridge the gap between a magical and mundane world. Her natural storytelling ability shines with an authenticity enabling anyone who isn't familiar with Paganism to step easily into this tradition, providing both a clear understanding of what is unfolding before them, as well as offering the reader accurate insight into the magical on-going's of realistic pagan adventure. For those who are already rooted in the Pagan tradition, this book will likely become essential reading material. It provides a way forward for those seeking a deeper more meaningful relationship with the Dark Goddess, while showing the transformative nature in the ability of transitioning past experience into useful personal gain. Countless times I found myself jotting down sacred little morsels that resonated so personally within me. This book will be a valuable resource for many, page after page containing words of wisdom and magic, everywhere! I can see myself reading this one over, many times.

I believe we can look forward to seeing much more from Karen Clark, and I have a feeling that this Author may well be this generations, "Starhawk." Ms. Clark's contributions are significant, and sure to be seen as equally comparable to the more prevalent modern day authors, having a profound effect on the Reclaiming Tradition, being exceedingly relevant to The Goddess Movement, and paramount to the Divine/Sacred Feminine Communities, as well as being most complimentary and worthy of attention to any of the various Pagan Traditions remaining. Tale of the Lost Daughter, leaves me excited knowing that we finally have a fascinating work of fiction that actually depicts reality.

About the Author:

Karen Clark is the founder of the Path of She, a journey of transformation with the sacred feminine. In her mid-twenties, a series of synchronistic events conspired to wake Karen up in the midst of a corporate, achievement-driven life and set her on a spiritual journey of reclaiming the lost pieces of her feminine soul and true self. Karen's writing draws upon twenty-five years of spiritual and feminist studies, gender-based consulting, and dreaming and healing with the Goddess. She reaches out to the magic and profound capabilities that lie dormant within our everyday existence, lost jewels just waiting for the touch of our conscious awareness to reawaken and blossom.

View book on Amazon.com
Nightwatcher

Re: Tale of the Lost Daughter

Post by Nightwatcher »

Currently reading the "look inside" offered on Amazon. Seems interesting. I'm also a sucker for books that discuss female business women since I am one myself... XD
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Tale of the Lost Daughter

Post by Starwitch »

Wonderful! If you end up reading it, let us know if you liked it. The book release is today and I'll be posting a promo on the EUTM FB page shortly.

Return to “Book Reviews”