what to do?

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
Ravenstar

what to do?

Post by Ravenstar »

Ok so my partner and I have a 2 y.o. son. He is my first and her second. Anyways, He is so attached to her that when I try to change, dress or pick him up he has a fit. Also, she is taking over. People tell me kids always choose and will go back and forth. It just feels like she's the parent and I am just there. I had rules like limited to no t.v. and sweets on occasionally. If it wasn't for me she would be giving him soda etc. Well, she thinks my rules are stupid. She is addicted to t.v. and shell say like what if I want to watch it and since he is around me etc. She makes decisions like breakfast, gets him ready for the day. You know all the parenting things. I would LOVE to do all that too but since he is so attached to her it's impossible.I use to cry but now I'm just numb to it. If he was attached to me I could enforce the rules. It seems like he likes my mom, partner and now my step daughter who is 23 more than me. What should I do? Blessings. :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: what to do?

Post by Firebird »

I would take a parenting class with your partner, if they are open to it.
I'm afraid if you don't find some resolve, you may get resentful. My husband had a boy from a previous relationship, and it was a mess when the child would visit. It was like all the rules went out the window. Totally not fair to our own child. Anyway the boy is 34 now and has kids of his own. I wish I had a great answer, because I never did figure it out, we didn't get help as my husband didn't see a problem...The boy only lived with us a couple times for a year each time, and that's when it got a little crazy in our house...but when he went back to his moms, after every summer, and occational weekends, the issue was out of mind.
:|
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”