Ecclectic Witch

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Aceso

Ecclectic Witch

Post by Aceso »

I haven't been signing on due to having a lot of problems in my life. Also a lot of soul searching. I have not publicly said I am a witch but I have not denied either if someone accuses me of being one.
I was raised to a catholic and as I have gotten older several people in my life have accused me of being a witch and interfering with their life. Little they know I was still in the dark about my calling. I finally decided to look into Wicca and the characteristic some people have, that seem to be projected to other people before it is realized to the person them selves.
I fully delved into my faith and I am eclectic. I tend to grab things from other forms of witch craft that seem to call to me. The reason I am telling you this is because a woman that does not even know me or my family read my oldest daughter. She went over her friends house and the mother practices the craft. She looked at her and said "Your mother is in the craft and your father is not into it." My daughter said her first reaction was her mouth dropping open. My daughter asked how she knew? The woman said that it is very strongly projected to her.
I am so happy that I am following something that I was born to do. It seems that my children are naturally following in my footsteps.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ecclectic Witch

Post by Firebird »

Hi Aceso, good to see you again! Sorry you have been having a rough time.
I think it can be very hard coming out of the closet, most people just don't understand and think we really do go running around eating babies, hurting people and causing misfortune in their lives. My old boss used to berate me all the time because I'm a witch. He was Catholic, but never went to church. I actually had to quit my job because of it, well partially...mostly he was abusive and I'm really trying to get away from abusive people in my life right now.
Sounds like you are being a great mom, letting your kids explore witchcraft isn't for every parent!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Yes I will not constrict them. My son started exploring the tarot cards and actually read for a few people and they were surprise how accurate he was. My daughter seems to be a very emotional witch and have caused a couple of people to get hurt, when they go verbally go after her. My youngest is naturally discovering the pull of the moon and energy around people. My Sister has come out years ago. Also my husband does kinda know but he's acting weird about coming right out and saying it.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I am glad you are finding yourself. I am a bit of an eclectic myself, but I most closely identify as a green witch. I am solitary. I went to a few CUUPS ceremonies, but they did not really resonate with me. I do better doing my own thing.

It is good that your children are supportive. I sense your spouse is not? That is a difficult situation. It took me a few tries, but I finally have a spouse who is supportive of my pagan beliefs and my witchy ways. He does not share my beliefs, but he appreciates them.

I wish you all the best as you move forward on your spiritual path.
Myrth
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Thank you mryth. I know he's coming around it's just hard for him. If were watching something that implys there is a witch in it. He associates it with me and I smile because I know he knows. Just hard to just flat out say it. :evilwitch:
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Maybe use one of those moments to start the discussion? :)
Myrth
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

That's a good idea mryth

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”