Contemplating Druidry - Sources?

A forum for people who follow or are interested in the spiritual path of Druidry (whether neopagan, mesopagan, or reconstructionist), the ancient Druids, and Celtic culture.

Modern Druidry is a 300 year old path that focuses on nature spirituality and inner transformation founded on personal experience rather than dogmatic belief.
Sakura Blossom

Contemplating Druidry - Sources?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Hello, all~

For awhile now I've felt stuck in a rut with what I practice, believe, etc. Recently I found some resources on Druids and felt a pull towards it. The more I read about it, the more I realize I think it may be a route I want to take.

However, I have a really hard time sitting and reading. Does anyone know if there are any YouTube channels about this? I really want to research this but I really just have a hard time reading due to a chronic illness.

Thank you for your help!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Alatoru
Banned Member

Re: Contemplating Druidry

Post by Alatoru »

1. Druidism is not organized religion, and it is not religion at all. Druidism is a path which every person can take. Druids may choose religion on their path but they don't need to if they don't want to. Being druid is all about understanding things around you, connecting with nature and helping people (community) with your wisdom that you may aquire during learning process.
2. I found this online: https://lukriss.files.wordpress.com/201 ... ndbook.pdf
And that's something I do read for myself. Hopefully no one will delete this link and if they do, I will send it to you over PM.
3. As I mentioned before, druidism is not a religion, it's a path. Celtic tribes often had different gods and they still had druids for each of the tribe. Therefor, druid can pick any religion he likes, including nordic.
4. There is something called thriad , mostly like stories , legends of druids. You will read all that in book I gave you.

- Additional website: http://www.fatheroak.com/index.html
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You might want to look for the ADF founded by Issac Bonewits... though it is organized, they are widespread.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you, guys! I've found some books and one of them I guess is something that the OBOD section of this makes you read and I may get that. I really don't like involving myself with actual groups, but I may see if I can find a solitary person who could help me understand some things some more. (: Thanks again, guys! I'll see if I might be able to find a single person from that group, FF. (: And I'll look into those websites, Alatoru!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Siona

Post by Siona »

For what it's worth, although ADF is an organized group as a whole, there's no requirement to actually practice in a group, and there are quite a few people who practice solitary. Their framework is also very flexible, so people can work with different 'hearth cultures' such as Norse or Greek, not just Celtic. There is a yearly membership cost, however, but their website has quite a bit of free material, rituals, information, etc. I am a member, although not a terribly active one, if you (or anyone else) has particular questions about ADF.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, no, I 100% understand that. (: I've read that you don't have to, it's just that I've had bad experiences in the past and am always a little wary of organized groups. I don't lump everyone together, of course, I'm just always extra cautious as more of a precautionary thing.

I really would like to talk to you more about this, though! It seems very much like something I'm leaning towards and would love to learn more about it if you'd be interested in helping me out a bit? I can't afford anything right now, being in college, so talking to others is the best thing I have right now.

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

As I have told you, this book contain almost anything you will need to get started with =)
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Sakura Blossom

Re: Contemplating Druidry - Sources?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks, Alatoru. (: I'm just having a hard time getting into reading it. ):

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

If so , you can read more here: http://druidnetwork.org/what-is-druidry ... tions/faq/
It's F.A.Q. but you can hover your pointer over About Druidry and get more.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you for the source. (: If I'm able to find a way around this being unable to read and focus on what I'm reading problem, I'll definitely be looking into it!

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

Are you trying to tell me that you don't understand English quite well or that you simply don't have enough will to finish what you started reading?
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

No, I have a chronic illness and it's very difficult for me to read a lot of material because of brain fog. I usually try not to read too much or read things that are incredibly bulky because of this. It makes studying very difficult for me, unfortunately. ): I was able to read one section of that website, though, now that my mind's slightly clearer at the moment.

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

In that case try to find on youtube videos for druidry. Just type like that and you will get videos about druidry , which I think is better for you, no reading after all :D
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yes, thank you. (: I had edited my above post earlier looking for just that! Haha. I'm having a difficult time finding them on my own, so if you or anyone else comes across any, please don't hesitate to share them!

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

Return to “Druids and Druidry”