Mythical Creatures -- Real or Not Real?

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Alexander_Osorio

Mythical Creatures -- Real or Not Real?

Post by Alexander_Osorio »

Is there a spell to protect yourself from them. Also a spell to banish them ?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mythical Creatures -- Real or Not Real?

Post by Firebird »

Oops, looks like Alexander didn't heed the message.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I believe in ghosts and angels. I sometimes call them spirits interchangeably but I don't know if that's correct and spirits are a third entity..?

I'm very interested to learn about about the fae and their legitimacy. They fascinate me and I've always been drawn to pictures of fairies.

Also, I believe that mermaids are real, or at least once were. There at so many accounts in ancient literature from all different cultures about mermaids. At the very least I can say it's plausible to think there could be a marine ape. We know that killer whales once walked on land and evolved over millions years into the sea creature it is today, so why couldn't apes do the same thing. I'm just saying I think it's entirely possible.
seawitch

Post by seawitch »

I firmly believe in spirits, and I've had multiple encounters. I've both seen and felt them. The most recent experiences with one getting in my bed and tossing and turning, and one lightly hitting me on the back. I both heard and felt that one, and it felt like a small child's hand. I also firmly believe in angels.

When it comes to other mythical creatures, though, I haven't seen them. However, I don't doubt their existence. I personally believe they all exist, or existed at one point in time. I mean, magic and witches are supposed to be a myth, but they are, in fact, real. So if that's true, then why not everything else that's supposed to be a myth?

I would love to encounter any of them.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

While the OP is no longer on this forum, I think this is a really interesting topic to have on here!

I'd just like to share my opinion here. I think that they are real or were at one point as well just as seawitch said.

After all, where did we get these ideas from? Where did we get any idea of any kind of deity, mythical creature, and so on, from? I don't think anyone had a strong enough imagination to come up with some of the things that we've come to know and love within folklore. The fact that there seems to be very common creatures/beings/etc. within different mythologies is what keeps my belief in this firm.

I was reading a book on the fey, with whom I try to work with, and it was talking about different places around the world all having something similar to a house elf/spirit of the home. Some of these things pre-date communication between these countries and that's what interests me the most. It's such an interesting topic to think about!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

The fact that there are many documented cases of the mythical creatures interacting with human beings and even guiding them is already a proof for me that they are real. Many of these cases have been thoroughly investigated by researchers of different fields from all parts of the world in the last hundred years. Not to mention my personal experiences with a couple of them.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Sakura Blossom wrote:While the OP is no longer on this forum, I think this is a really interesting topic to have on here!

I'd just like to share my opinion here. I think that they are real or were at one point as well just as seawitch said.

After all, where did we get these ideas from? Where did we get any idea of any kind of deity, mythical creature, and so on, from? I don't think anyone had a strong enough imagination to come up with some of the things that we've come to know and love within folklore. The fact that there seems to be very common creatures/beings/etc. within different mythologies is what keeps my belief in this firm.

I was reading a book on the fey, with whom I try to work with, and it was talking about different places around the world all having something similar to a house elf/spirit of the home. Some of these things pre-date communication between these countries and that's what interests me the most. It's such an interesting topic to think about!
You're right! A lot of it is too much to have been just made up. Like mermaids. All kinds of cultures have literature about mermaids leaving you to believe it's real, how could so many culture dream or I imagine up the same thing? However, the griffon, lion with wings, was "invented" when ancient humans found the bones of a triceratop and put then together wrong. They thought the plates that go on top of the triceratops head were actually the wings of a giant lion! So although I believe in many mythological creatures I wonder how many of them may have been dreamed up by ancient people playing archeologist?
FoxandAshes

Post by FoxandAshes »

RosieMoonflower wrote:I believe in ghosts and angels. I sometimes call them spirits interchangeably but I don't know if that's correct and spirits are a third entity..?
Just to add my own personal opinion, I use ghost and (lowercase s) spirits speaking of energies that are still present on earth and the terms Angels or (capital S) Spirit for the energies that are Divine. Like I said only my personal use of the terms but in reality whatever is comfortable for you. I do for a fact believe in mermaids as majority of what is in our oceans hasn't been deeply investigated. People may encounter dragons during astral travel. If you truly believe in something and have a connection to it then made up or not, I don't think it matters. : )
Cheers
Three things cannot remain hidden; the sun, the moon and the truth.
Red Ember

Post by Red Ember »

I think Some of them are real, although maybe not in the way we think of them.

I have had the odd experience in my waking life but most of my experience of this nature has happened during dream state. I have seen many 'beings' that would fit the description of 'not human', I would not like to guess what they were though. Sometimes its clear that what I see in dream is just a making of my own mind but then there are those times it is just as clear that it is not.

I once met someone during a dream who claimed to be what we would call a vampire, although he did not call himself that. It was quite difficult for me as although I am someone who believes in spirits I did not believe in such things as vampires and other mythical creatures, and yet I knew he was real. He spent most of our time together telling me about his race and debunking our myths of vampires. Its still an encounter I find difficult.
If cats could talk, they wouldn't. - Nan Porter
Prospitdaydreamer

Post by Prospitdaydreamer »

It's so cool all the creatures you guys have seen! I've only ever come in contact with ghosts. I remember one time, I was trying to find my stylus for my DS and just as I was about to look und my bed, it FLEW out from under there! It was wild! Another time, in 5th grade, my friends were being really aggressive to a ghost and just trying to piss it off and all of a sudden, I felt my back be RAKED down like human hands but with long nails. I was up against a wall. When they checked my back, they said there WERE claw marks on my back. I even checked in the mirror. I was horrified!!
Lenea

Post by Lenea »

Mythical creatures are real. Fairies, ghosts, elves and goblins ARE real. Some of us can communicate with them better than some, but they usually avoid humans.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've seen quite a few ghosts since i was four, and a couple who I was able to identify later from photos. Also, on a cave tour in Kentucky in 2002, I saw a gnome who stopped as he was running past, turned to me and pulled a face to mimic my pop-eyed stare. And I have seen & been spoken to by a brownie (?) - well, i dunno what type of being he is, but he resides in the basement of the house I live in (20 years now) so that's what I call him. And once in Idaho (1988) and also in Michigan (1977) I saw a gauzy drapery hanging from tree limbs that, in both cases overhung streams. I had thought it was pale moss until it got up and moved to another branch, both times. I don't know what that was either. If I've ever seen a shape changer, I wouldn't know it, would I? Supposedly carrying iron will prevent some Fae from bothering us. (I don't like the feel of iron either). I've been pixie led once (2016) as a come uppance for arrogance. And I've seen those vacant dark spaces or shadow people shapes that go "poof" if I talk to them. Seen some orbs. That's about it. I don't consider Grey ETs to be mythical beings, but I've seen a one or two, or three...geez, just re-reading this makes me feel like I live in the Twilight Zone. It must be time for my meds. blue_flee
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I once say a "Shadow Being" during a morning walk. It was a normal size person that walked very gracefully across an open field into a small tree 3" diameter and vanished. Made my hair stand on end it was so weird and real. No more then 50 feet from me. I walked over to inspect that little tree to see if there were anywhere this person could have gone and there was no place. I reported that experience to MUFON. I am able to occasionally see my Goddess Shekinah while in communication at my altar. She appears as a shape shifting quasi-materialization with morphing facial expressions.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

As to belief, In an infinite multiverse, by definition all things must exist. In my vision quest I was as one with different raptors until I found my spirit guide. I don't know if a minor aspect counts as mythical. I've had experience with that. I passed a young girl over in an ER. Do spirits count? I have seen weird (things) on some of my walks. Of course "non-fantasy prone people" tell me that's all in my head. I return the favor because I think people who can't open their minds to possibilities are the ones in a fantasy world. Besides I'd never come up with a few of the planes I've been to.
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

I do believe in ghosts and spirits since I am still pretty sure my childhood home was haunted by something... not good. And if it comes to various ocean creatures it just seems logical to me, that they could exist, because there is so much of the ocean we haven't even seen yet. It wouldn't be the first time something formerly declared a myth is found to be real after researching a new area of the world.

Return to “Folklore and Myths”