My new Stones

Share photos of your own crystals here.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

My new Stones

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Went shopping today in Denver and found some stones I really like. I don't know why but my mind told me to organize them like this. There are two onyx pieces on the outside, they are carved into shapes, the white one is an owl and the gray one is a dog. The purple ones in the middle are amethyst, and I think the one with the blue stripe is a blue agate. The two green are Green calcite. Can someone help me identify the last one? It is clear but it has a pink shade to it. Thank you!

Image.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My new Stones

Post by Firebird »

Pretty!!!
the pink one is rose quartz.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

My new Stones

Thank you firebird! I was looking online and seeing that it was either a rose quartz or a pink quartz crystal. I was under the impression that it was the pink quartz crystal because it's so clear and the color becomes lighter when put under direct light. But I also read the pink quartz crystals are more rare so it makes sense this would be a regular rose quartz. However, it didn't come out of the bin of rose quartz that were polished and not as transparent. This was just in a box of ruff rocks. I suppose the one thing it would need to be a crystal is crystals, which it doesn't have. It has lots of fractures running through it, that gives it texture like crystals would, it it's really smooth all over, like glass. Do the fractures mean anything?

It was the stone I was the most drawn to of all. It was one of the only of it's kind. When I picked it up, I had this feeling of "take notice, this rock is powerful. Use carefully."
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Most of these sorts of stones are fractured, sometimes so small you can't see it with the naked eye. This can occur in the the mining process, or they grow that way. To find a perfectly clear quartz ...rose or otherwise, would be a rarer find, and probably a little more expensive.
Rose quartz are generally heart healers.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

firebirdflys wrote:Most of these sorts of stones are fractured, sometimes so small you can't see it with the naked eye. This can occur in the the mining process, or they grow that way. To find a perfectly clear quartz ...rose or otherwise, would be a rarer find, and probably a little more expensive.
Rose quartz are generally heart healers.
Bb, Firebird
Thanks! I do feel the rose quartz has strong power, but I don't know what I want to use that power for yet. I'm also really loving the onyx shaped like a dog. I think he'll end up being someone I carry around with me. I feel like the white onyx shaped like an owl doesn't like me and wants me to leave it be...

Return to “Crystal Gallery”