Feeling upset with SOME fellow pagans

Talk about anything you want to here.
smogie_michele

Feeling upset with SOME fellow pagans

Post by smogie_michele »

This isn't directed to anyone, this is just a rant in general.

I normally am a very pleasant person. I am active, enjoy socializing, artistic and loving. I also have been known to pretty much blow off other people's negativity and not let it affect me. But, because we are all human, no one can be sunshine and rainbows all the time.

I'm feeling pretty much done with some of the people in our pagan community. I feel like there are three groups of pagans: those of us who are simply living our life the best way we can and practice the way that best suits us, those of us who show no interest in learning about the religion yet are looking for "quick fixes" for mundane problems, and those of us who believe that our opinions on how to worship is the end all be all on what is right.

The people who are looking for quick fixes can offend me. The ones who scroll through websites asking questions like, "can you give me a spell to help me loose weight? I don't have time to work out." Or will ask people, "can you cast a spell on my brother's best friend to make him fall in love with me?" No. Because this is not how this works. This isn't how any of this works. You don't just pop up on the internet, claim that you are interested in Wicca, then ask other people to cast spells with no intention on A. putting forth a practical effort to achieve their goals or B. giving thought on anyone else's well being before casting or C. learning about what you are trying to achieve. Grr.

And then you can also encounter the "I know more than you" pagans. The one's who believe that their opinions are more valuable than yours. Wicca, and paganism in general, is like clay. It can be molded depending on what YOU believe. Not one person worships the same way, believes the same thing, or even believes in the same Gods. When these people talk down to others, it makes my head spin. If these people are claiming to be so loving, nature oriented, and spiritual, then why are you acting like your opinion is better than anyone elses? AHH.

No one is perfect, least of all me. But come on, sometimes the community that I love so much makes me want to smack my head on a wall and scream. I know I should just keep my head level and live my life and not let other people's negativity affect me, but lately it's been hard to dismiss it.

Again, I am a very pleasant person, just an irritated one. After a few days and several cups of coffee, I will get over it..
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Moonfire

Re: Feeling upset with SOME fellow pagans

Post by Moonfire »

No I completely agree with you. The ones who act like their way is the best is what frustrates me so much! One of the major draws about this that I loved was that it is something that you modify so it works best for you. So when there are others who say, "No my way is the way to go." It infuriates me because I find that attitude the height of arrogance and self importance. It really rubs me the wrong way.
smogie_michele

Re: Feeling upset with SOME fellow pagans

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm glad I'm not alone.
I once had a friend of mine tell me I was "praying incorrectly, so I was offending the Gods." and that I should bathe and dress myself in a white robe and make sure I have an offering prepared before I pray.
So I'm just like, That is great is that's how YOU practice, but I didn't ask you for your opinion on "how to pray."

I read a quote last night that said "You have your way, I have my way. The right way, wrong way and only way do not exist." I wish more people thought like that.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”