Shower Cleansing

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Eve_Requiem

Shower Cleansing

Post by Eve_Requiem »

I take a shower every morning, because I like to start out my day fresh. As a newly practicing Wiccan, I've also decided to make it a magickal ritual to start off my day spiritually cleansed as well.
I like to take very hot showers, as I find it feels good on my skin and the steam allows for some early morning scrying (or just general insight for the day).
Cold water can also be used if that's what you prefer, as it has more cleansing properties.

I'll wash my hair, and then get a bar of soap.
The soap I use is lanolin soap (oil secreted by sheep, used to keep their hair thick, healthy, and wooly. It really does wonders on the skin, too. Despite being what some people would call sheep sweat, it also smells lovely), because I have chosen Cernuunos as my patron god and he is associated with wild animals and livestock. (I find the God more invigorating, and the Goddess more comforting. If you want to invoke the Goddess instead, or elements, or anything else, really, it will all work just as well. It's all about your intent and feelings.)
I rub the soap all over my body, as you would to get clean normally, but close my eyes and envision my soap as a bar of white light. I cleanse my body and my mind, to get ready for my day, and then let the water wash my worries and negative energy away.

This may seem a little silly, but I find the definition of a kitchen witch is using magick in everyday activities and using everyday materials in magickal activities, both of which define this shower exercise. It really makes me happy, and I've found that when I'm upset I now want to take a shower and use my soap.

Just thought I'd drop this here for the use of any kitchen or other witch. :)
RosemaryRain

Re: Shower Cleansing

Post by RosemaryRain »

Hi Eve_Requiem,

I just wanted to say that I really love this idea! I also try to use my shower or bath time as a time to spiritually cleanse, and set my intentions for the day (or rinse off any negative energies), but I had never tried envisioning the soap as a bar of white light. Really like that imagery, and will be trying it tonight. Thanks for the great idea! :)

I agree, finding the magickal in the seemingly mundane aspects f daily living is part of what I love most about being a kitchen witch!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. Where do you buy the lanolin soap? My middle granddaughter is a sheep nut, and is having anxiety issues related to puberty. Showering with lanolin soap might give her a little mental nudge in the right direction. I love having new members give me ideas that I would not have come up with on my own!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Katrinkah

Shower Cleansing

Post by Katrinkah »

I do something similar but I use YoungLiving essential oil soap, gold light, and I also sing a rhyme. "Lord and lady cleanse my body, take the things that make me naughty, wash them all right down the drain, and put that gold light in my brain" Lol. Then I picture the gold light washing away all my unwanted energy down the drain. I'd probably modify the rhyme to what ever I need at the time. But it is refreshing :) I got the idea from James Von Praag. Nice to see others do something similar!
Becks

Post by Becks »

I love showering with intent. Great thread! Often I shower after my work day as well...not because I am dirty, but because I need the energetic cleaning after a particularly hectic day.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Showering with intent is a good way to start the day off right (or end it on a positive note). I also like to add Reiki to it, and cleanse the aura.
Myrth

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”