Penczak's Temple Series Companion CDs

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Ravenna

Penczak's Temple Series Companion CDs

Post by Ravenna »

Has anyone tried these yet?

I recently bought the first book in the series (The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development) and so far I love it. It has this great scholarly yet relaxed feel to it that really suits me. However, I've been really struggling with the meditation exercises. Which is no fault of the books, I've always struggled with meditation. I've been thinking about buying the companion CDs that has the guided meditations on them. I was wondering if anyone else had tried them and what their opinion was.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

The Old Astronomer to His Pupil by Sarah Williams
Vesca

Re: Penczak's Temple Series Companion CDs

Post by Vesca »

Haven't tried them personally, but a lot of people really seem to like his books and this one in particular.

I'd be interested to hear your take on it again at a later date, maybe after it's all been allowed to mull about in the mind for awhile, as to how the meditations worked (or didn't).
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Ravenna wrote:I've been really struggling with the meditation exercises. Which is no fault of the books, I've always struggled with meditation.
I think Penczak's work is pretty thorough, though he tends to spread himself kind of thin at times. I think it's just symptomatic of the trend toward a syncretic approach to spirituality that living in the "information age" affords all of us. Yes, he does have a knack for keeping it "scholarly yet relaxed" as you described.

What came to mind as I read your comment about your struggle with meditating was I was wondering if you had a couple buddies who would like to undergo a study with you of Penczak's work. If so, perhaps you guys could meditate together, maybe once a week, or a couple times a month (or whenever your schedules will allow). While I love my solo meditation practice, I still get together with this local group that meets regularly. It just helps sometimes when it's a group effort. I think there's something empowering about when several souls congregate to focus on the same activity.

Do you think getting together with a couple friends and trying to meditate together would work for you? Or are you pretty much "in the closet" and can't really share your path with others? If so, perhaps Penczak's guided meditation cds would be the next best option.

Btw, I found one of his meditations on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRaRUKvlro4

Ravenna

Post by Ravenna »

Vesca: I ended up ordering it from my local new age store, so once it comes in, I'll be sure to write about it on here.

Kassandra: I'm not really in the "broom closet," but I don't have any friends who would be up for meditating with me. However, there is a really big community out of the local new age shop. They usually do seminars and workshops so I'll have to see what they offer. If they don't have one for meditation, I'm sure I could make new friends I could meditate with.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Ravenna wrote:Kassandra: I'm not really in the "broom closet," but I don't have any friends who would be up for meditating with me. However, there is a really big community out of the local new age shop. They usually do seminars and workshops so I'll have to see what they offer. If they don't have one for meditation, I'm sure I could make new friends I could meditate with.
Good plan. Hope you make good connections there.

Btw, did u have a chance to give a listen to that video above? I listened to it twice at two different occasions, and both times it made me really sleepy.

Ravenna

Post by Ravenna »

I did listen to the video and it didn't make me sleepy per se. It was more of a relaxed, calm feeling if that makes sense.

So I got the CD companion for the book a few weeks back, but I got caught up in other things going on (boo life) and fell behind on my studying. However, now that managed to get everything back in order, I'm going to get back to it. I even started a blog to write about it to keep me motivated. Hopefully it'll go over better this time.

Return to “Book Reviews”