Spring time Acer!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
LoneWhiteWolf

Spring time Acer!

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

This is nothing overly amazing or fasinating, so if youre easily bored look away now! :D

About two years ago i bought myself a Japanese Acer, just a tiny little twig of a plant but the red leaves were irrisistable and i love all things japanese so i had to buy one. I bought it from my local super market (and by bought i mean saved!), the super market here in the uk called Tesco and its not a gardening store.
That year i watched it grow along side my Rosemary and Tyme which i bought about a month prior at the same place.
It got alittle wind scorced throughout the summer but it was fine, the biggest issue came from Caterpillers!!
What i thought was alot of wind scorching turned out to be caterpillers who ate all its leaves and it was left a bear little stick :( after that i brought it inside and as autum turned to winter, its leaves grew back! It had foliage up into december before they shed again

I hoped bringing it inside would encourage more leaves on it again this year but no, he was too happy sleeping.
Now, his buds have opened and tiny green leaves are emerging and gently turning red.
There's been other signs of springs return such as these tiny flowers in out front garden which bloom for the smallest amount of time, but this lil red tree is my favourite sign of spring!

Has anyone else noticed the regrowth of life around them? I know americas suffering from snow still so it might seem like the warm days of summer are still far far away!
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Spring time Acer!

Post by RosieMoonflower »

LoneWolf, I enjoyed reading your post. My heart did a little jump when I read your plan recovered. It's still all snow here. But, I have a rose bush in my new front yard and I am very much looking forward to it growing back in the spring!

Rosie [GREEN HEART]

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”