Disheartening readings.

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Miss RNG

Disheartening readings.

Post by Miss RNG »

Lately when I've been reading my cards, it has been extremely disheartening. I usually lead with the intent of no questions, just a general idea of what is going on and what to expect. In my personal life there has been much emotional turmoil and i understand that is why the cards lay as they do, but i thought i would say what my 5 card layout was and hopefully somebody will see something i am not because of my own judgement.

1. The Devil
2. Knight of Cups-reversed
3. Ten of Pentacles
4. Five of Wands
5. Ten of Cups-reversed

Thank you in advance.
::*Miss RNG*::

Provehito in Altum
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disheartening readings.

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hmm, so typically I don't work with reversed cards (78 cards is plenty as it is!), so that might color my thoughts on your reading.

The Devil is always a bit of a frightening reappearance, but I always see the possibility of freeing yourself from his influence. The Knight of Cups to me often symbolizes the hopeless romantic chasing after daydreams. The 10 of Pentacles is usually reasonably positive, as is the 10 of Cups (reversals mean blockage, or something that hasn't reached its full potential). 5 of Wands means obstacles, but usually little obstacles and a reminder to stay strong. You've got a lot of 10s, which to me symbolizes something coming around to completion.

Altogether, my gut instinct says that there is a chapter in your life that is drawing to a close. There is some illusion or fantasy that is keeping you bound and preventing you from growing. If you can manage to free yourself (which may have smaller challenges on the way), you will be able to fully flourish to your full potential.

There's always the possibility that the Devil and the Knight are two people in your life who are exerting this influence as well.

Again, just my gut instinct. In my readings, I always try to look for the positive in scary-looking cards, and the negative in happy-looking cards. Everything has multiple meanings, and change is a natural part of life. It might seem scary at first, but it may simply the forest fire that restores nutrients to the land, clears out bad growth, and rejuvenates the earth.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Nice read, Xiao.

Miss RNG, what deck are you using?

Thanks.

Miss RNG

Post by Miss RNG »

Xiao,

Thank you for your quick and thorough response. After reading what you wrote, i definitely saw the other meanings that you posted. The Devil card threw me off, as i have never actually pulled that card. It is crazy that you said something is coming to an end, because that is exactly what is happening in my life right now. I suppose i just needed another reader to help clarify that for me. Thank you for helping me see the positive amidst the negative.

Everybody on this site is so welcoming and helpful =]]

Blessings! <3

Provehito in Altum
Miss RNG

Post by Miss RNG »

Kassandra,

I am using the Rider-Waite deck. It was the first one that jumped at me last year while searching for a deck. I fell in love with it's simplicity.

Blessings <3

Provehito in Altum
Miss RNG

Post by Miss RNG »

Also, i would like to add that i keep fresh Rosemary(from my mother's garden) on my alter while i am reading. I inhale it (as well as sage) to help my mind stay clear and focused. If there are any other herbs/stones or something else you would think that could help..Ill gladly incorporate it =]]

Provehito in Altum
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I have had to change the way that I read cards because of this. Someone else had a post about not feeling like drawing the cards and determining your future. There is a lot of baggage that comes with knowing your own fate. I have just changed the question formate for my readings. So now, instead of doing a spread about my future and what will happen. I will do a reading and ask "what should I do to get where I want to be" or if I'm having a specific issue, "what can I do to fix this?". So rather than just drawing cards that say in going to die in a car crash next week I'm only reading about things I can do to improve. Does that make sense?

Rosie [GREEN HEART]
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I also wanted to add, that sometimes our moods can interfere with the cards being pulled. I've noticed this happens quite often, honestly! When I'm upset or angry, my cards are usually negative because my emotions are influencing the reading. I don't know if this is something you're experiencing, but I wanted to share. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Great point Shakura! Something to consider and remember.

Return to “General Divination”