Faerie Presence

Falcon_Heart27

Re: Faerie Presence

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

AdastraJunction wrote:I wonder if the Fae have been trying to get your attention for a while now? Maybe they have followed your family a long time, hence your grandmum giving you these books?
It's very possible. Looking back on it, they've always seemed to be in my life, even in my earliest years. (That brings up a really great story that I'll have to type up later.)

My grandmother has always had faerie stuff around the house (books, charms, statues, more) she LOVES faeries. But I never could tell if it was a real belief or just a novelty interest. She has encouraged an interest in faeries in all her grandchildren.

I suppose they always have been around, I just haven't made the connections. I certainly am now. :)

~Falcon
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I love your faerie house, Falcon.

Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Kassandra wrote:.

I love your faerie house, Falcon.

Thank you! :)
It's made mostly out of willow, hot glue, and moss. It took me a few weeks.

~Falcon
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hey, does anyone know of any symbols or runes that are associated with faeries?

I was at the store yesterday and felt a sudden urge to purchase some simple wooden wind chimes that I saw, and I plan to dedicate them to the fae and hang them in a tree near my bedroom window.

I want to decorate them with things that would emphasize their purpose. :)

~Falcon
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Falcon_Heart27 wrote:Hey, does anyone know of any symbols or runes that are associated with faeries?

I was at the store yesterday and felt a sudden urge to purchase some simple wooden wind chimes that I saw, and I plan to dedicate them to the fae and hang them in a tree near my bedroom window.

I want to decorate them with things that would emphasize their purpose. :)

~Falcon
bumping this thread a bit. :/
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I wouldn't worry about the thread getting some attention, some questions simply take a bit more thought.

I didn't want to reply too soon, since I tend to err against using runes without having a good idea of their functions and using them without being aware of what they may draw into your life can sometimes still draw those energies into your life (for good or unhelpful effects).

That being said, the runes signify forces of the universe which are entirely natural and come together to create a whole functioning world in both its creative, destructive, growth and decay processes and everything in between that coalesces everything else. I would think that the Folk would be associated with all of them, and none of them, because they too are a part of the functioning universe and have their own place within it.

With decorating to please the Folk, I tend to shift more towards things like crystals or other pretty or interesting stones, water drops (drawings), fruit and/or drawings of fruit, drawings of plants or animals. It depends on the type of Folk you're encountering too, some have specific associations and likes or dislikes (there are a few books on the matter, but google searches should yield some results too).

Anyway, waiting to see if anyone else has any opinions or insight regarding runes.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Falcon. Hmm, I think they like either clever, shiny things, things that mean a lot to us, so that they're a bit of a sacrifice for us to give to them, which shows an open heart on our part. Or they like sweet things you cooked with your hands, rather than bought (these are just my opinions, nothing I've read, nor hard and fast rules of any sort). They encourage creativity (making things) and sensuality (eating tasty things, smelling beautiful smells, being a part of beautiful landscapes such as a well-manicured lawn or a lovely forest meadow, etc.). There are a couple of lawns in my neighborhood that are rife with fae of all sizes (unfortunately, my lawn's not one of them, lol). They enjoy the love put into those lawns, that vibe. Wherever they are, they adore the land, and they are fond of humans who love the land too, as they do.

I get the impression they think we overthink our lives, rather than just live. In my opinion, it's not so much the rune itself you choose, but how it's presented, the personal touch you add. They don't seem to be interested in "the meaning behind things" like symbols, but are more interested in the personal connection you make with them.
Vesca wrote:the runes signify forces of the universe which are entirely natural and come together to create a whole functioning world in both its creative, destructive, growth and decay processes and everything in between that coalesces everything else. I would think that the Folk would be associated with all of them, and none of them, because they too are a part of the functioning universe and have their own place within it.
I really like that, Vesca, "associated with all of them, and none of them, because they too are part of the functioning universe." I get this strong "sense of place" with the fae. They are part of the landscape, not just living in it. To me, in their interactions with us they seem to be driving that point home about us realizing the same applies to us. They seem appalled at how "cut off" we tend to be regarding the environment, our place in the scheme of things, our innate powers and abilities (if you want to call them that), etc. It's like their pranks seem to be designed to keep us on our toes, wake us up to being here now.

Vesca wrote:things like crystals or other pretty or interesting stones, water drops (drawings), fruit and/or drawings of fruit, drawings of plants or animals.
Yes, things like these. If you really feel compelled to make a rune or runes, perhaps making it/them out of something sparkly or shiny would be nice, or painting it/them, or gluing together various things. Incorporating something in it that is meaningful to you might be nice too, such as a part of a little gift someone gave you, or part of a natural object you found on a beach, or even some keepsake you've owned since 3rd grade. Or, you could cook a desert, like rune cupcakes or something (like these: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 27163.html), or like Vesca says, give them fruit --but in some creative, clever presentation, something that has your originality to it.

Then, when you leave the gift for them, make a little announcement to them, like you're issuing some kind of official decree as you're giving the item to them, and what your intention is with them having it, etc. They get a kick out of this kind of officialness. They don't really take it seriously, and they'll probably laugh at you, but at the same time they seem to appreciate gestures like this, too.

This is just my two cents, based on the vibe I perceive from them, at least.

Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Thank you both for your thorough help! I am definitely taking these suggestions to heart; I will keep the thread updated with my progress.

~Falcon
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

It would be neat to see what designs you decide on for the wind chimes. :)
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Well, here are the wind chimes that I presented to them a few moments ago. :)

I used a paint pen to decorate them with apple blossoms and acorns, and lightning bolts and stars, all of which are of personal meaning to me. I then painted sections with glitter paint, and glued on some sparkly stones that I had made. I decided not to use runes this time around.

Later I think I'll bake some cookies as offerings and leave them out with crystals as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426885749.762711.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426885737.538058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426885704.639108.jpg
~Falcon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Very cool!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

It's really pretty, I like it. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Oh wow.

Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Rosie wrote:Very cool!
Vesca wrote:It's really pretty, I like it. :)
Kassandra wrote:.

Oh wow.

Thanks. :D

I did some gardening today, and may bake some things tomorrow morning.

Already there seems to be more wildlife around the yard, but that may just be the springtime. :p

I remember, when I approached the tree to present the wind chimes, it felt like I was stepping into a bubble.... My vision even seemed to bend, in kind of a fish-bowl way. That was fascinating.

~Falcon
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Falcon,
That looks like a warm and inviting "room" !
All this talk about the Fae gets me thinking
about Ted Andrews and his work with the Fae.

I have this one and was so easy a read :
http://www.amazon.com/Enchantment-Faeri ... ed+Andrews

Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”