Faerie Presence

Falcon_Heart27

Faerie Presence

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hey everyone :)

So, for those of you that work with faeries (or fairies, or fae...although I don't think there's a difference), how do you know when they are present?

I only ask because there has been a lot of household mischief going on lately. :O
Especially things like my clothes developing rips and holes, my backpack zipper breaking, my appliances acting up, and my favorite boots falling completely apart!

Not to mention bizarre dreams, and most obviously, faeries themselves have been called to my attention in various forms (friend sending me a picture, me stumbling across a fae-themed blog, etc...)

While they could be a series of unconnected coincidences, I thought I'd check. I feel like my attention is being grabbed.

~Falcon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Faerie Presence

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Following out of curiosity!

Rosie [GREEN HEART]
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

The universe is so rarely lazy for so many coincidences. I would suggest looking in to Faerie Lore of different countries. Much come from the UK and Scandinavia. Certain Fee have particular ways of 'dealing' with humans, and all Fae are mischievous. If you believe it to be a Fae it possibly is or could be a spirit as well so best to rule that out (or in) so to speak.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It could very well be the fae trying to get your attention.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Thank you both. :)
I will try to maintain contact with them, as they certainly have peaked my interest.

Regarding the possibility of it being a spirit, I haven't ruled that out yet, but my intuition is pulling me more towards the fae. I'm going to do some Tarot work to try to clarify the situation.

If anyone else has thoughts/opinions/questions/etc., feel free to chime in! :D

~Falcon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Do the Fae actually hide things from you?
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Rosie wrote:Do the Fae actually hide things from you?
In my case, it's hard to say, because I'm clumsy, forgetful, and misplace things anyway, haha. ;)

My experiences have been more along the lines of things like bells jingling and papers shuffling in my (breezeless) bedroom.

Actually, on the contrary, after leaving offerings to the fae and trying to establish a communication, I found some of my favorite rings that had been missing for years! I thought that was interesting.

~Falcon
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That definitely sounds like a response. I've had things go missing and then turn up later. Sometimes it was a case of my putting it somewhere safe, which translates to hiding it from myself. Other times it was just here today, gone tomorrow, back in six months. I'd like to find the stone from my wedding ring. That's been gone about a month. It was a blue topaz, and I have another that I could put in the setting, but it's just annoying to have the stone missing.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

You could try an experiment.

Do you have a space set up for the Folk around your home? Try to leave an offering of milk or honey, wait overnight, and see if anything mysteriously reappears in a place you looked the night before but hadn't seen it.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Vesca wrote:You could try an experiment.

Do you have a space set up for the Folk around your home? Try to leave an offering of milk or honey, wait overnight, and see if anything mysteriously reappears in a place you looked the night before but hadn't seen it.
This is what I do also and in the next day, nature will give me some lovely things: a butterfly fluttering happily through the rush hour traffic, petals, flowers, leaves or twigs falling on you from a tree while you're waiting for someone in the road, a beautiful stay cat approaching you sat on a bench, a rare pink and yellow lights from somewhere that just grabs attention through the office windows.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Well, I also misplace things from time to time. So when I read that flashes of light may be the fae, and that they will misplace your things, I was like, "I wonder if that's what's happening..? No... I doubt that can really happen". Then that day I lost a clear ziplock bag with sewing supplies in it. Like I had it one minute and not the next. The next day I found the empty bag but none of the supplies were in it..... Still haven't found them...
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Vesca wrote:You could try an experiment.

I've been trying to establish a place to leave offerings, but it's difficult to do these things without drawing the attention of curious family members and pets. (I try to keep my practices low-key, as I haven't told anyone except my best friend.)

The last time I left an offering, it was just some small berries and some pretty stones at the base of a tree, well hidden.

I do have an actual "faerie house" that I made a long time ago, perhaps I could start leaving things in there. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426350185.473981.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426349963.023715.jpg
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

That is really neat. :) It couldn't hurt to try?

You could also say something during the offering that refers to you giving them something in the hopes that in their good will they can help you locate your sewing supplies (don't accuse them of taking it). Even if it was a case of it simply getting misplaced, if you have helpful Folk they may still help you out.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

My grandmother gave me these books today. Coincidence?? (I think not.) ;)

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426377469.926945.jpg[/attachment=0]

~Falcon
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426377469.926945.jpg
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I wonder if the Fae have been trying to get your attention for a while now? Maybe they have followed your family a long time, hence your grandmum giving you these books?

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”