Bad feeling during ritual?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
EndlessNameless

Bad feeling during ritual?

Post by EndlessNameless »

So I was doing a ritual (My second one ever) and for some reason I felt the need to invoke Hestia. So I cast a circle and invoked her. I asked if she was my goddess and tried to meditate on it but I started getting really scared. I felt terrified but I kept trying to meditate and I kept thinking that I would open my eyes and see a face (Mostly from the bookshelf outside my circle) If I could have ran out of my room I would have. I closed my circle because I was way to scared. I calmed down but I was still super jumpy. Did I do something wrong? Was it a negative presents? Was the energy to much?
(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place)
Thanks!
It seems no one can help me now, I'm in too deep,
There's no way out, This time I have really lead myself astray.

-Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Bad feeling during ritual?

Post by AdastraJunction »

Sounds to me like maybe stress about your ritual and meeting Hestia. It can happen when you are first starting out, being nervous. The gods/goddesses have a very powerful and booming presence that can be overwhelming.

The first time I invoked one of my pantheon I very near passed out from anxiety. It isn't an uncommon response when doing rituals. On the other hand have you cleansed your ritual items and the space in which you practice to make sure no other possible malevolent entities are present?
EndlessNameless

Re: Bad feeling during ritual?

Post by EndlessNameless »

Sounds to me like maybe stress about your ritual and meeting Hestia. It can happen when you are first starting out, being nervous. The gods/goddesses have a very powerful and booming presence that can be overwhelming
I think it could be that
On the other hand have you cleansed your ritual items and the space in which you practice to make sure no other possible malevolent entities are present?
I did cleanse everything the night before
Thanks for helping me!
It seems no one can help me now, I'm in too deep,
There's no way out, This time I have really lead myself astray.

-Runaway Train by Soul Asylum

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”