Spirit animals? Familiars?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
duckcat

Spirit animals? Familiars?

Post by duckcat »

Im not sire in where to post this, but i figure this is the most appropriate place to put this.
I have a dæmon, or spirit animal as some like to refer to it as. He is very private and does not like being talked about much,if not at all.
My question is, is it possible to have a paranormal familiar aside from my dæmon? Like can i summon one?
I figure its not only risky magic, but unpredictable and dangerous if done wrong.
Any adice or personal experience?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Spirit animals? Familiars?

Post by AdastraJunction »

I haven't any experience with this, though it is always to err on the side of caution when dealing with any sort of entity be them good or bad. Make sure you have protections in place just in case. Someone else may have better advice than I have on the subject.
duckcat

Post by duckcat »

Thanks. :) any advice or anything is helpful to me
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya duckcat,

I'm working with Daemons too but in my experience They are very much different from animal spirits. Though it might be you're referring to the Daimones of the Classical Greek which are actually nature spirits like Pan, Lamia, etc. Actually, the concept of a daemon as an animal companion is something I've only ever encountered in the writings of Mr. Phillip Pullman, author of the Golden Compass.

Daemonology is a misleading subject for some pagans, because there's a great deal of misinformation and misconception out there as to what a Daemon actually is. Daemons as I know them, are ancient Chthonic Deities and Beings, some of whom are the Gods and Goddesses who inhabit the Underworlds; some of whom are fallen angels from Judeo-Christian faiths; as well Great Spirits from Daemonic pantheons such as the Goetia.

As for your question about summoning one, yes its really possible to go looking for one and develop relationship over time but I suggest not to do this, if you're beginner and inexperienced. It's all right if you can shield yourself from the lower and negative entities and commune only with higher ones. But usually, we lack the ability to discern the entities that come to us and we're more open to the influences of negative ones.

You can create a servitor or a fetch that acts as a familiar though.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
duckcat

Post by duckcat »

Well, poop..how do i explain this.. is like.. the only way i can describe it is like thay book the golden compass. He refrers to them. As dæmons, but they are like your inner spirit. I am not too familiar with anything other than how Catholics consider them evil actual demons. So i avoided reading up because i felt offended. If that makes sense at all. I am new at this, so im slowly learning that the practices i did before actually finding my inner witch had real bases in it. So its learning thing over i guess.
But a servitor seems like more the route i was thinking of. An entity that can help me with practices and whom i can also have a personal relationship with.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My two mice worth, is to be polite in any case. If something unfamiliar approaches, you might politely acknowledge it's presence, but I would avoid interacting with it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
duckcat

Post by duckcat »

I read that it is sometimes dangerous to have spirit servitors lest they grow in power more than yours and you loose control. Is that true?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yeah I feel offended too when some people tell me Daemons are nothing but "evil" beings. This is obviously a medieval slant of thinking, in which people blamed the Daemons for almost everything bad, negative and scary that man experiences on earth. Like, "a sense of fear or anger or doubt is from the demons" ... "even nightmares is doing of these creatures.”

As I've often said in this forum, I really pity the poor Daemons, because they are always blamed by folks (Christians and even some pagans alike) for something They aren't responsible for, or credited for something They haven't really done.

I'm not saying your familiar now isn't a real Daemon, it could be as many Daemons do take animal forms bur for me it sounds like the entity your'e working with fall in the Daimones of the Hellenistic faiths. Opinions differ though, as to whether these spirits count as Daemons or not.

Well as for your question about the dangers of creating a servitor. My answer is "creation" without control is a formula for catastrophe. It's dangerous for us to permit what we create to go far beyond our intent. Thoughtforms such as servitors, egregores and fetches, are extension of our thoughts and emotions, certainly has many advantages. Yet they can't really "think" like their creators do. They have no moral sensitivity. And they don't share the ethical limitations of their creators. That's why it is VERY important to restrict them by the values and spiritual/magickal beliefs of people who brought them into being.

Just keep in your mind that our creations are capable of destroying us when we doubt ourselves (the one who created them).

Firebirdflys made a neat post about forming a fetch which works similar to servitor: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ilit=fetch

You might want to check it out.
Seraphin

duckcat

Post by duckcat »

:!::!: yuuuuuuuus
Youve basically summed up everything for me beautifully Seraphin.
My dæmon is a part of me, he is the clear thoughts when i am not in control of my temper. He is my soul and my proper mind. Im owe him a lot and he is so close to me, so when people say accusatory things about them, like you stated it offends the both of us really.
For he knows what he truly is. That is why he prefers keeping his presence on the down low. Ill read that thread.
Also i was reading up on servitors and this one blog said something creepy to the effects of " to truly give it life, sit with a dead roadkill for a few weeks in a room to watch it rot so you can get the true nature of life and rebirth. " not gonna lie. He/she did mention frequently the ill intent of the use of the creation after birth. And i mean frequently. So that weirded me out.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

to truly give it life, sit with a dead roadkill for a few weeks in a room to watch it rot so you can get the true nature of life and rebirth. " not gonna lie. He/she did mention frequently the ill intent of the use of the creation after birth. And i mean frequently. So that weirded me out.
I don't understand this and that's not how me and my fiancee create our servitors. In my practice, I'm just merely magically animating a lifeless "energy" and turn it into a "being". You're going to think of your intention and purpose for constructing one and then trapping the being into a vessel (clay, doll, jar, etc). Often times, I wrote my personal spiritual ethos and truths on a piece of paper and kept inside the vessel as it will mystically give the creature its power.

I do this for the reason I said in my previous post. Once we granted the servitor formidable strength, sometimes they became impossible to fully control. I've heard stories from many people telling that their servitors turned into a monster when they rejected it to do something. The creators of the servitors themselves were at fault –- something akin to a computer programmer's error.

Most Chaos Magickians, once the purpose of the servitor has completed and fulfilled, they often conclude that they had to be put to rest by erasing the written words and replacing them with "death" or by burning or burying the vessel. No longer representing the will of the creator, nor bearing the mark of truths, the servitor turns into dust. My fiancee, on the other hand don't do this to her servitors, she allows it to live and just turns them into her fetches to perform maintenance and assure that her goal continues to work well and smoothly as she desired.
Seraphin

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”