Tattwa Magic

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Tattwa Magic

Post by AdastraJunction »

Is anyone familiar with this type of craft at all? I know how to make the cards and a general idea of how to use them but would like more input if possible.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Tattwa Magic

Never mind, I randomly found this in a book at a used book shop!
Attachments
DSC_0144.JPG
DSC_0138.JPG
DSC_0139.JPG
DSC_0140.JPG
DSC_0141.JPG
DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I had honestly never heard of it, but it seems like someone out there thought you should be able to look further into it. :)
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

So basically Tattwa Magick is an Indian version of Elemental Magick?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Interesting! I had also never heard of it. Isn't it amazing how it appeared in your life when you were seeking it. I love the universe sometimes.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member

A mate of mine asked me to go with him to a used book shop and as I am a book worm myself I jumped at the opportunity. Low and behold there it was siting among the science fiction section. Made me giggle at first then I couldn't believe my luck as I flipped through it
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

An opinion I've had for a long time is that Tantra and other spiritual practices have been so bastardized by Western culture they're hardly recognizable. Often, the lowest common denominator (i.e., any part that might remotely have something to do with sex, basically) gets exaggerated and the rest (the actual "spiritual" part) gets minimized, misinterpreted or just plain ignored. This happened with yoga. When we pull these practices out of their proper context and purposes in their respective cultures, I think we really have to be vigilant about this. I knew roughly what Tattwa was about, but declined from answering, as it's a big subject. Glad you found a source you're happy with, though. :wink:

random417

Post by random417 »

The Tattwas as viewed from a high magic perspective are simple representations of the elements. I use them mostly in pathworking and meditations myself, but really, they could be used to mark tools, as foci for creating elementals, really the only limit is your imagination. There's a lot of misinformation about high magic and the role of things borrowed from other cultures. I'd be happy to start another thread, so as not to derail this one 8-)
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

random417 wrote:There's a lot of misinformation about high magic and the role of things borrowed from other cultures. I'd be happy to start another thread if you're interested in learning, so as to not derail this one 8-)
I would personally be very interested in such a thread!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

random417 wrote:There's a lot of misinformation about high magic and the role of things borrowed from other cultures. I'd be happy to start another thread if you're interested in learning, so as to not derail this one 8-)

It might not be a bad idea to begin this thread, especially if you feel you have something to share and help other people learn a bit if they're interested as well. Thank you for being considerate and not trying to derail this thread. :) Just keep the forum rules in mind regarding appropriate content and plagiarism (which I'm sure you already know).

Regarding differing opinions on content matter; people are different. It's a thing. We are all exposed to different books, resources, experiences, and life paths and we form our thoughts, opinions, and worldviews based on those things. It's perfectly okay to voice those differing opinions, but all I ask is that we all be respectful of the opinions of others while providing our own opinions to the pot as well (it can help stimulate further thought for some people).

But if those opposing opinions start to result in unsavory arguments, insults, heightened debates, etc... you can expect that I will not keep my thoughts to myself.
mos

Post by mos »

One school of Rosicrution's uses this instead of the Qabala in the work.Heart of the Rose is one.
So I am checking it out myself.
I heard that Order of the Rosy Cross may as well.
The world of the spirit bypasses all language and religion.
The folks that started both groups were folks from India.
Researching it now,it is very cool.
mos

Post by mos »

AdastraJunction wrote:Oh I know about the Rosy Cross it was originally started in 1500 BC I believe Thutmose III was involved as well as Pythagoras formed to explore the mysteries of life, something the ancients mused over for centuries (as evidence of their funerary rites of that time).

LOL
That is the A.M.O.R.C.'s position.They are the Coca-Cola version(the biggest selling,but sort of new).From 1915.
The guy that started them was an occult businessman,and did start the biggest US order.
I was with them for a year back in the 80's.
Have been in a few versions(there are hundred's)
But the whole thing started in Germany in the 1400..so realistically I do think that it was trying to connect it to Egyptian
magic.
I like the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn...if you look,they were probably closer to the Rosicrucian principles, and
claim a line of initiates.
They were really behind the formation of Wicca,the same ceremonial magic is involved.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member

Personally I never really had an interest in that side of things, I follow a completely different path. Interesting but not enough to hold my fancy. Call me fickle. I did study a lot about Pythagoras several years ago particularly the cult of Pythagoras ( I have a thing for numbers since studying my minor in physics while at Uni).
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You minored in physics? Cool. I took a basic physics course back in the day. It was one of the few times that math didn't bore me. I don't mind using math, but solving page after page of problems, just as busy work, made me nuts in school.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My dad worked for ESSA in the late 60's and early 70's. It was the forerunner of NOAA. From what I understand, some of the work was, and still is, black ops. It's too bad that the average person doesn't make the connection between physics and the metaphysical. They're symbiotic.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”