Rosie's Journey

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
bluejay_1919

Re: Rosie's Journey

Post by bluejay_1919 »

So happy to hear the wedding was lovely!! Moments like those never last long enough!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello, hello! It's been a while since I posted here. Last time I was whining about my job and I wish I could say things are better but they aren't. It really takes a toll on your confidence levels when you really don't know the subject you're trying to teach when students ask questions and you don't know the answers.

Anyways, I'm stuck there so who cares anymore. This past week has been interesting to me spiritually so I'd like to discuss that. First, last week, on Friday specifically, I saw a lot of spirits. They were as they usually are, a quick glimpse and then gone, but I don't usually see several all in one day. I saw many small animals, cats and dogs and such. Doesn't surprise me, I'm an animal person and have always been interested in animals spirits. I saw a full appearance of a white man with long hair. I feel like I've seen him before. While at work I saw young Hispanic teenager walk through the classroom and disappear. And then at home I saw just a pair of legs walk through my living room and disappear, just the legs.

Okay, I'd like to discuss the possibility of this not being real.. Why I think maybe: yesterday I have seen several flashes of light which I originally thought were animal spirits, but when I focused on them, it was clear it was light from a window or lamp or something.

The legs. I'd never seen just a pair of legs before, but the other day prior to this I was reading a comment on this forum about another member who had seen a pair of legs run through the room. I'm inclined to believe it was a streak of light that my brain morphed into a pair of legs because I had read about it.

The student. I had done duty that day in the courtyard and had seen a lot of students just prior to that. One specifically stuck out to me. I had taught him at another school, he was a loner, never really around others. It worried me a little and I remember seeing him walk up to a girl who was also alone and looked visually upset. He asked her what was wrong and listened as she told him. I remember feeling great joy that he was such a kind person and it became clear his lonesomeness was by choice. The "spirit" I saw in the classroom look similar to him. Tall, oversized clothes, shaved head, blue shirt. I was turned and looking at something and I felt someone walk behind me, I peeked over my shoulder to see who it was and it was an apparition of the student I described. It didn't disappear immediately though. It walked maybe 3-4 more steps as I watched it then gone. So I had to ask myself, was it real? The look, the shaved head and baggy clothes is very common among the students so I considered the possibility it was the spirit of a deceased student who had a similar haircut and my mind put him in a blue shirt because I had just seen the kid outside wearing the same thing. I'm also considering the possibility that it was all coming from me. My mind made it up from image of the kid I had seen earlier.

I also had an interesting experience with my tarot cards recently. Same day I saw all the "spirits". I had a hair appointment, and on the way I was stopped at the cleaner to pick up a shirt. While at the cleaners the salon called and asked if I could push back 30 mins because the appointment before mine was taking long. I just had this feeling to be cool about it. I had nothing else to do to kill the time, but no reason so be upset about it. My hairdresser is sweet and I know she didn't do it on purpose or anything, so yeah no problem I'll wait. So I get back in the car, I have like 45 mins to kill and nothing to do, I drive around looking for something, and decide I really don't need to shop or anything, I don't have the extra money at the moment. So I park and start digging in my purse thinking I have a book or something and all I have are my tarot cards.

I haven't been using then lately and somehow they randomly got put into my purse. My path is very difficult because there is no defined way already and so nothing to follow, only to decide for myself what is right. When I first started the path I revived many signs telling me that this was something I needed to explore but not to leave Jesus behind. Since then I've tried merging Christianity with pagan religions, and since I know that most religions share similarities and are likely evolved copies of each other, I dot find it that contradicting. Also throw in there Gnosticism and the idea that Jesus is a hybrid alien and all ancient gods were ancient astronauts from other planets, and it makes it easier to break from tradition.

However, the tarot cards are slightly difficult to merge.. The aspect of divination is something I've constipated for a while, especially in the sense of how to use it with a Christian deity. So here I am with nothing to do and my cards in hand so I take them out and begin shuffling. Something is just telling me I was meant to have this opportunity to use them and that there was a message for me I needed to get. So I began to focus on Jesus, and my path, and I asked "what does Jesus want me to know about Tarot cards?" I just did a 1 card draw And drew the Ace of Pentacles.

This card for me is the spark of an innate talent. Something to be pursued and if done, will bring success.

I decided to do it again, I know that's not typically good, you don't keep drawing for better answers, but I wanted clarification. So I asked the same question and I drew the empress.

I was thrown off by this at first, the empress is a motherly card to me. A nurturer, a card for fertility and sometimes card for rebirth. But, since I had drawn the card prior I figured it meant for me to nurture this talent. Begin again my practice of the tarot and it will bring positive results. I was pretty much floored with the results and I'm looking forward to doing some more spreads.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Rosie's Journey

This has been and interesting and wonderful weekend of discovery for me! I was on my phone, perusing around Pinterest and there was a pin suggested to me. It listed several different types of magic/witchcraft. Kitchen witch, solitary, etc. the very last one was one I had never heard of before. It was called Appalachian Granny Witch. It explained how t was a tradition created when scotch-Irish settlers came to Appalachians, and brought with them old folk magic from their homeland, and blended those traditions with of the Cherokee who were already dominating the southern Appalachians. Seeing my heritage mentioned really jumped out at me.

I have Native American, Cherokee to be specific, lineage. But, I'm red headed and freckled faced. I have a card proving my membership of the Cherokee nation, but was often ridiculed by those who found out because I did not look the part. I asked my mother why we had red hair and she simply said "oh some Scottish fur trader had children with a native Cherokee woman somewhere back down the line". Well upon discovering this Appalachian folk magic I wanted to know more about my ancestors. Ancestry.com was super helpful! I look e back on my mother's grandmother's side, knowing full well it's my mother's grandfather that was Cherokee. Turns out, as far back as I could find was the early 1800s and the woman was from Tennessee. I knew her decendents ended up in Oklahoma but she actually ended up in Arkansas, where I live now! She died somewhere only about 30 minutes from where I live and her husband is buried even closer. His old tombstone remained and other descendent lines of his (he was married 3 times..) provided him with a new stone a few year ago and placed it in front of the old one which is covered in moss and his 3 initials which were the only thing originally inscribed are barely legible. Anyways, I was shocked to learn this side of the family has roots in Arkansas! My own grandfathers family on mom's side is mainly from Indiana but my great grandparents ended up in Arkansas and thus is how I ended up here.

So this lead me to look further into Appalachian folk magic and then into Ozark folk magic, (basically the same thing) this who came further past Appalachians into the Ozarks carried their "old ways" with them. Some interesting things I learned about modern day folk magic from these areas is they are mostly centered around the Christian God, and thus try to operate within Christian parameters. Instead of using the term Spells, they use the term "charms". One negative I found when I came cross a glossary of Ozark folk magic terms, was that there seemed to be a lot of terms for "bad witches", "evil sorcery" as well as several terms for protecting yourself against the curses of such people. I have to consider the idea that this arose from the fact that this population was secluded from the main population, and to this day remains with a reputation of people being uneducated. Poor, uneducated, homesteading decedents of Scotch-Irish/Cherokee marriages and while this allowed them to hold onto their beliefs longer than other parts of the americas, all the cursing and enemy magic probably just came out of extreme boredom and lack of education. If no one is telling you "hey, it's not okay to curse someone just because you're jealous of them", then you really don't know any better and will probably do it.

Another thing that I found interested in and contradicting to my own situation, is that in this tradition is was made clear over and over again that to learn this, you must be taught by someone of the opposite sex as you. Well.. it was my mom who shared with me ideas of folklore/magic. She told me about palm readings and use to read my palms. She told me about color magic when I was little, teaching me color associations. It's her side of the family that has Cherokee blood and she gave me a Cherokee name as well as my given name when I was born to honor that. She even knew a little bit about reading playing cards. My father, is the total opposite. His lineage is hard to trace because his father was adopted. He was raised in Texas and Louisiana and claims cajun culture as his own. He also comes from a Christian background and has, to me knowledge, never indulged any pagan or occult practices. The reason they called it granny magic is because it use to be mostly older women/housewives in the community holding onto the last grip of these "old ways". I can't help but ask, if the tradition is taught between opposite sexes, then where are all the grandpa wizards? Seems more likely the traditions would be passed on from mother to daughter, while working the home and the men were in the fields. But, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nonetheless, there was also a resounding theme that this American Folk magic is open to anyone. So maybe it doesn't matter who taught you? I found it very inspiring to read that these "granny" women were healers, who use herbs from the garden, "charms", and ordinary household objects, including alcohol to cure ailments. I don't know if I can count rubbing whiskey over a tee things babies gums as folk magic, but regardless I still felt very inspired and hope to learn more.

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have blond blue eyed Cherokee grandkids. My ex has never tracked down enough of his roots to get his membership card, but we do know that he has Cherokee and Choctaw ancestry. I've read stories of the Scots - Irish marrying into the Cherokee Nation back in the day. And I had some strange experiences when I lived in Oklahoma.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

SnowCat wrote:I have blond blue eyed Cherokee grandkids. My ex has never tracked down enough of his roots to get his membership card, but we do know that he has Cherokee and Choctaw ancestry. I've read stories of the Scots - Irish marrying into the Cherokee Nation back in the day. And I had some strange experiences when I lived in Oklahoma.

Snow
I think you mentioned to me once before you lived in Nowata, correct? Did you get to be an extra in the movie "possums" that was filmed there? I was just telling one of my students today about my friend being an extra in that movie. I grew up down the road in Vinita. My folks and brother still live there.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Possums was filmed long after I left. I've watched the movie though, and saw familiar places. It's too bad the town isn't as nice as it was in the movie.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Rosie's Journey

This morning was filled with more exciting genealogy discoveries! I can trace my Cherokee ancestry all the way back to man called "Great Conjurer" of the trutle dove clan of the Cherokee nation!

I looked it up and I'll share a small bit I found out "Members of the Bird Clan were historically known as messengers. The belief that birds are messengers between earth and Heaven, or the People and Creator, gave the members of this clan the responsibility of caring for the birds. The subdivisions are Raven, Turtle Dove and Eagle. Our earned Eagle feathers were originally presented by the members of this clan, as they were the only ones able to collect them. At some Cherokee ceremonial grounds, the Bird arbor is to the left of the Deer arbor." - The Cherokee Nation.

So maybe I get some of my abilities from this..? I don't have a special interest in bird necessarily, but I love all animals and would care for any needing it. This guy had a LOT of kids. Like a lot a lot. Far to many to try to count. I know from stories of my other Cherokee lineage that my great x3 grandfather who was full blooded, made it known his goal was to prove his worth by how many children he could sire, and I was always told that was a Cherokee thing. But anyways, if I somehow inherited these gifts through the Great Conjurer. There should be a lot of us! Because he did sire so many children!!

I also talked to mom the other day. Told her I knew why our hair was red. If you go back far enough on her side you start to find lots of Scottish immigrants. But, I came up short on her her relatives going back, last name Mitchell. Now, all I knew was that the Mitchell family reunion I go to is in tahlequah, OK and they are all somewhat Native American. I always just assumed that was my Cherokee side. Wrong! Mom said she knew a relative who did some genealogy research for that side of the family and remembers hearing our ancestor Mitchell, was a stowaway from Scotland! He married the woman whom I can trace back to the turtle dove clan. She can also be tied to the wolf clan who were the warriors and protectors, as well as the Red Paint clan who were medicine people, and natural medicine is an interest of mine. Regardless of if it means anything or not, it was inspiring to discover.

Rosie

Add on: I guess the only logical thing to do next is start exploring the Fae. It's said that the reason that the Scottish and Cherokee merged so well and had lots of marriages is because of their similar belief system. Most specifically, but not limited to, tiny people who live amongst the forest.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

wow, Rosie. I'm so glad you get to know your roots. It's so cool that USA had so much data about everyone, but also a little bit scary!
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Good point BW! I was so excited I was a little blinded to that fact! It is the era of information, is it not?lol Most of the info comes from census records. Other info has been gathered by people like me who come from the same lines and go interested and reached out to family members to fill in the gaps and have put that info online for others to read. Military records also helped in locations of relatives. Records were kept of cherokees during their removal to Oklahoma by the government, and many of my relatives are on those rolls. And lastly someone has some extensive work on the Shawnee tribe and the relations that came off of it which eventually became Cherokee, which is how I was able to learn which clans they were in.

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Some years ago I ran across a query about the French family of northeastern Oklahoma. It turned out to be a cousin of my ex. I was able to give her some information to put her on the right track. I haven't had as much luck with my ex's immediate family tree. To many unrecorded births and misrecorded names. He tried to get his Indian card, but he has some chemo dementia, and can't keep things straight, so he claimed to be the grandson of someone who didn't have any children. I don't have the time and money to research it for him.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Rosie's Journey

I had another strange dream about aliens in the sky again. This time I could see a very large round flying disc move across the sky. It was faint because of the distance but obvious. It was like you could tell how big the ship was because you could see how far away it actually was, and it was still so so huge! All of the sudden some sort of fighter jets came behind the great giant disc and start shooting red lasers at it, attacking it, and chasing it beyond vision. It was all so incredibly fast, I cannot stress this enough! The part that really stood out to me is this time, I was the only one who could see it. Before, I've dreamt of "hovering" objects, ships, planets, etc. But, typically in the dream, everyone else is freaked out and I'm the only one not really that surprised. This time, I'm the only one who can see it happen, period. And, people give me strange looks because I claim I can see it.

I'm not sure I've reported it here, but I have found one of my true spirit** guides recently. His name is keven. Once, when I was beginning Meditation and trying to improve my clairaudience, I took some try to reach out to my spirit guide. I asked for a name of a spiritual guide in my life and I got the name Kevin. I laughed. I stopped immediately. Kevin was the name a of a friend I worked work with years ago, and imagining him as my spiritual guide was not pleasing. So I moved on, thinking I wasn't doing things right. But, about 3-4 months, I spent the night in the spare room. My husband was snoring horribly! Lol! I had done some mediation work and asking for my spirit guides to reach out to me and give my sign that they were eve reachable, and when I had to retreat to the other room, I thought the cause lost. But, I had the most wonderful experience. I had a dream. I was in the most wonderful and beautiful place ever. It was some sorry of patio garden with grapes growing all around. The only other thing that my dream focusing on was that right in the center of the patio was a beautiful milk white vase/water pitcher. It was beautiful! It was slender, tall, it came up to a rounded V at the top. Each side has a beautiful porcelain milk white handle. It rose off the pedestal it was on and crystal clear water poured out from it. It poured and poured and poured, far beyond what could possibly hold in the case. The sun rose behind the patio garden. It was the most serene moment. When I awoke, I don't know who but I had this voice telling me that it was Keven, my spirit guide and that I had been right all along. The image of the water pitcher is very symbolic in my journey at the moment.

After my dream today, I heard a faint whisper from keven, that what I saw represented was a very real intergalactic battle between different species. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the fighter jets were "earnings" or something else. I wonder if my mind just didn't have the capacity or imagination to create a different or more realistic looking alien fighter jet, so I imagined what I knew. I do not believe that my dreams are visions of the future exactly as they are. I believe they are visions of the future seen in ways that are comprehendible to us in that particular moment. A lot of what I was able to see in the sky was similar to what I've seen from photos taken of the galaxy. Combined with what I think my be glimpses of concepts from Star Wars. The view of the Death Star from another planet in the movie reminded me of what it was like to see the large disc ad fighter jets, only it was night time. It like these ideas you're had before, put together in a new way to create a message just for for you. Something about this dream stood out to me. It was meaningful for sure, I will remember it for quite a while.

Rosie

Rosie
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

RosieMoonflower wrote: I have found one of my true sport guides recently. His name is keven.
Lol, it took me some time to realise it was spirit :lol:
Autocorrect messes with my posts too, all the time.
I'm glad you found your spirit guide! Could it be the same Keven that you worked with? Do you know if something happened to him since then?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Rosie's Journey

Oh gosh... yes, I'm the WORST on this forum about typos. It's because I use my phone to access the site and autocorrect is my enemy!!! Also, the space given to type a response on Tapatalk is so small, it's hard to go back and proofread.

Rosie
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Rosie, I was just making fun. Don't worry! Did you read my posts, lol. Besides the typos, I also add grammatic mishap :))
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Well, I am back! I've been missing in action around here for some time. A lot has changed for me since then. I say that because I've been studying the enneagram which is a self-awareness and development tool. It came into my life at just the right moment too. I was feeling very lost. My son had been born with kidney disease, my marriage was struggling to cope with the stress, and my job has always been a source of agony in my life. So even though I haven't fixed all those areas in my life up the way I'd like yet, I do KNOW myself a lot better than I did before.

I'm insecure. I fear conflict terribly and avoid it but to my own dismay. I've ended up a doormat more than once before in my life. I've found myself in close friendships with energy vampires who've isolated me from better people in my life. I've ghosted friends just because they weren't convenient anymore. And, now in my mid-30s, I'm finally seeing that I struggle to enforce boundaries, I accept people in my life who do treat me with respect and who are toxic all so that I don't hurt their feelings and I never really go for what I want. These might all seem negative, and they are, but they are also EYE-OPENING! I was truly blind to my own patterns of behavior.

Change is hard and change can be slow. But, I've started waking up to my own life. Less going along to get along and more trying to assess what I want and need and going for that despite when it puts me at odds with others. It's been so challenging. It can be easy to go one way or the other. Easy going or hard to handle. But, I want to be in the middle. I want to be compassionate and still serve my self-interests. I want to treat others with kindness while also protecting my boundaries. I want to exude love and peace while also feeling my own anger that tells me when I'm being abused and tells me that I deserve better! Balance is needed.

But, it's not all bad. I'm a good mother. I'm a good teacher. I'm a loyal wife. I'm a devoted daughter to my mother and I would do anything for her including lay down my own life to save hers, although she would never allow it. And, I'm here to keep growing. I know I'm somewhat lost because I'm lackluster with my spiritual practices at the moment. I need inspiration! I need an outlet! I need fellowship! So I have returned.

I tend to be someone who can't find energy for myself. It has to be for someone else. It's a sick characteristic if you ask me. Journaling has been one of the most beneficial therapies for me time and time again and yet, I cannot stay motivated to continue it. Why? Because there is no audience, my sickness remember? So I plan to use this thread as a journal/blog again and pretend that people are stopping by to read it. Hoping that will be the medicine to my sickness and keep me writing more. I've always wanted to be a writer.

My current path leads me to create an altar in my dining room. I've been collecting items on my walks and shopping trips and I'll write a post about and continue my writing. I'm also interested in learning more about the 8 seasons of the pagan year vs. the 4 that I'm familiar with. I'd love to find a book about the seasons and the colors and symbolism for each. Fortunately for me, a metaphysical shop has opened in my town in the last 4 years or so. It's not a lot but it is something and the have a really large book section. This may be just the excuse I need to stop in and browse a bit. Will update if I find anything good. Thanks for reading. ;)

Rosie

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”