Healing cream

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Healing cream

Post by AdastraJunction »

I have been working on a healing cream for a while now. Still trying to get the ingredient portions right. Any suggestions or additions?

Vitamin K: Blood Clotting
Vitamin E and Aloe : For scarring and smoothing
Collagen: Promote healthy skin regeneration and white blood cells
Cinnamon and Turmeric: For Inflammation
Organic Honey: natural anti-biotic properties and seals the wound against infection
Calcium
Lavender: good for burns and calming

Base:
natural beeswax and soy wax
Coconut oil and/or Almond oil
Cocoa butter
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Healing cream

Post by Seraphin »

What about using thieves oil as the base oil? Named for its use by thieves who robbed the bodies of the dead during the bubonic plague. Thieves oil is a blend of essential oils that has antimicrobial properties, meaning it kills germs before they get into the system. Traditional Thieves Oil contains, in part, rosemary essential oil, and because rosemary oil is dangerous for many who have high blood pressure, you may replace it with ginger oil.

And also Vitamin C!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Good suggestions Seraphin! Never thought of Thieves oil. Not sure on the Vitamin C in a cream... BUT they do add it too anti-aging serums so it is worth a try in the recipe maybe in a small amount.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Do you intend to use this strictly for physical healing or do you wish to add in elements of mental healing too? This is an interesting idea. ^_^
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
AdastraJunction
Banned Member

I strongly believe all healing is both physical and mental, Sakura. This though is meant to be a topical natural treatment for wounds.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yes, I believe that too. However, you were asking for ingredients so I was going to share some that have a heavier effect on mental health as well which was why I was asking what you were hoping to achieve.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

AdastraJunction
Banned Member

Any addition you would care to make will be appreciated :)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I was going to suggest rose oil because it smells wonderfully which can help create a soothing and calming feeling if someone is worried about their wounds but it's also good for preventing infection. ^_^

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

I'd be happy to offer my thieves oil recipe if you like AJ!
Seraphin

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Seraphin wrote:What about using thieves oil as the base oil? Named for its use by thieves who robbed the bodies of the dead during the bubonic plague. Thieves oil is a blend of essential oils that has antimicrobial properties, meaning it kills germs before they get into the system. Traditional Thieves Oil contains, in part, rosemary essential oil, and because rosemary oil is dangerous for many who have high blood pressure, you may replace it with ginger oil.

And also Vitamin C!

Seraphin, your knowledge of all things plants makes me super envious...
AdastraJunction
Banned Member

Yes please Seraphin if you could post that, it would be wonderful
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Vesca wrote:
Seraphin wrote:What about using thieves oil as the base oil? Named for its use by thieves who robbed the bodies of the dead during the bubonic plague. Thieves oil is a blend of essential oils that has antimicrobial properties, meaning it kills germs before they get into the system. Traditional Thieves Oil contains, in part, rosemary essential oil, and because rosemary oil is dangerous for many who have high blood pressure, you may replace it with ginger oil.

And also Vitamin C!

Seraphin, your knowledge of all things plants makes me super envious...

:oops: :oops: Tehehe...

Here's the Thieves Oil Recipe AJ!

In a small, dark colored glass bottle, combine 1/2 ounce each of the following essential oils:

Clove
Cinnamon
Eucalyptus
Ginger
Citrus

The original formula used lemon oil, but any citrus will do, and if cost is a consideration, the clove, cinnamon and eucalyptus can be replaced with 1.5 oz Camphor oil.

Full strength, if you're going to add this to your healing cream, a small amount of it can be placed on a handkerchief or bit of cloth and tucked into the collar near the face; if you can smell it, then you know there's a barrier in the air in front of your eyes, nose and mouth (the places where germs are most easily admitted into the body), killing any germs coming your way from a nearby sneeze or cough. Another cream-treated handkerchief can be sealed into a plastic bag and used to wipe the hands periodically while out in public where infectious germs can be picked up from doors, handling money, etc.

You could also apply the cream around the neck (on the skin). I think this offers less protection than full strength, but it's still a pretty good preventative measure.

Thieves oil can also be diluted into the oil you suggested, coconut or almond, for convenience and to keep the cost down, olive oil. Mix 1/4 ounce Thieves blend into four ounces of oil of your choice.
Seraphin

AdastraJunction
Banned Member

This is brilliant Seraphin! Thank you so much, I think I will incorporate this into the cream. Maybe make a few different batches in different ways to see what works best and healing wounds more effectively. Shouldn't be hard, my nephew is always getting scrapes... silly little nipper, he's such a boy.
missmelodygrace

Post by missmelodygrace »

I'm fascinated in this thread. I have been working on salves to help ease back pain for a friend. I have been mixing oils and beeswax to make the salve. I'm using cayenne and Valerian root for their pain relieving and warming properties but it really doesn't smell good. I wonder if anyone has a suggestion of what I can mix it with to improve this.... It is for a man so I want to avoid anything too floral
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Lavender and lime essential oils mixed together smells pretty good :fairy:
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”