Channeling

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Channeling

Post by Firebird »

Hi there Lighter, :D
hoping Seraphin will arrive to answer you in his very eloquent fashion, but meanwhile I would say that any form of trance channeling is an experience of possession. I would even say an out of body experience, because if something else is speaking through your body as their vessel, then your "regular" self has to take a moment out...wherever that may be. This is why grounding with food and other techniques are important when doing this work. I also call this kind of experience an Aspecting, in which you take on the "aspect" of the God/Goddess or even animals, which would be more along the line of shapeshifting as it uses a similar kind of mindset. Does this sound accurate Seraphin? Where are you my dear :|
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi Firebird, I just want to clarify my own understanding-I make a distinction between simply being in a trance, and channeling while in a trance. By that I mean that it is possible for somebody to be in a trance and not be channeling.

Lighter said, "So being in trance means being possessed." I do not understand that being in trance always means possession.

To clarify, I don't think the two always go together. I believe there is a distinction.

For me, slipping into trance simply means slipping into an altered state of consciousness.

'Channeling in trance' is being in the altered state of consciousness and having an outside force interact with, or speak through you, in this altered state.

Is that how you understand it too, or am I in left field? smiley_dance I could be in left field.....
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Totally! Haha, I do believe I am in a turkey trance right now :roll:
You could trance without channeling. Though if voice is passing through you then the trance turns into a channel.
I should be talking turkey pretty soon! hahahaha...oui my bad. And that could be the subject of a whole other thread :fairy:
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Becks

Post by Becks »

Oh my goodness....I want a turkey trance!! I have to wait until Yule for mine. ;)
Lighter

Post by Lighter »

firebirdflys wrote:Hi there Lighter, :D
hoping Seraphin will arrive to answer you in his very eloquent fashion, but meanwhile I would say that any form of trance channeling is an experience of possession. I would even say an out of body experience, because if something else is speaking through your body as their vessel, then your "regular" self has to take a moment out...wherever that may be. This is why grounding with food and other techniques are important when doing this work. I also call this kind of experience an Aspecting, in which you take on the "aspect" of the God/Goddess or even animals, which would be more along the line of shapeshifting as it uses a similar kind of mindset. Does this sound accurate Seraphin? Where are you my dear :|
Bb, Firebird
If the trance process occurs without deliberate will to go into trance... wouldn't this be a breach of free will? Something/someone overrides your power without your knowing.

Isn't kundalini awakening and the dark night of the soul the processes that come before one actually can do things like channeling, clairaudience and etc?

The way I understand is that it is only after the dark night of the soul , the process of confronting all of one's pain and allowing the higher self take the drivers seat instead of the ego , that one starts using their gifts.
Lighter

Post by Lighter »

firebirdflys wrote:Hi there Lighter, :D
Bb, Firebird
Hi Firebird,

The above underlined and in particular the word ,"shapeshifting", sounds very intriguing in relation to mindset.

What does that mean? Could you explain a bit more ?

Thank you.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well yes, but to prevent hijacking this thread, your are invited to start a new thread on the subject.The Shamannism catagory will work well for this. And surprisingly enough, when I went to use our advanced search for the subject I found there was very little info on the matter and what I did find was from about 5 years back!

Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Then to answer your previous question...sorry it took me so long...
Lighter wrote:If the trance process occurs without deliberate will to go into trance... wouldn't this be a breach of free will? Something/someone overrides your power without your knowing.
It would be a breach of free will, but your will is a mighty force and not a barrier that is crossed easily unless one allowes themselves to be vunerable to that. Barring some sort of demonic possesion, (which we don't deal with) or perhaps undiagnosed mental illness people don't just fall into a trance it takes practice.
Lighter wrote:Isn't kundalini awakening and the dark night of the soul the processes that come before one actually can do things like channeling, clairaudience and etc?
With practice you develop skills. Some folks have specialty areas. Having a spiritual awakening happens many times along the path.
I wouldn't say there is one ah-ha moment and then you get it.
Could be why so many of us stick with it, because there is sooooooo many ah-ha moments and we are awakened over and over.
Lighter wrote:The way I understand is that it is only after the dark night of the soul , the process of confronting all of one's pain and allowing the higher self take the drivers seat instead of the ego , that one starts using their gifts.
Many of uf confront our pain in different ways. Some things are etched so deeply one must go through their shadow over and over.
That should not preclude one from learning about and using their gifts by practicing them.

Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”