control over elements?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Muirìn

control over elements?

Post by Muirìn »

I did read "All the different type of kinesis" topic by Pinkturtle, but it seems kind of dead, so I thought I'd ask my question in a new topic.

Has any of you ever felt like they had some control over any element? Or is it just me?

Ok, let me explain: ever since I was a child, I always had very strong emotions coming through me, like huge waves (now that I think about it, it must have been my not-yet-diagnosed bipolarity). And when this happened outside, the wind always felt like it was freeing me of this, or more like, expressing them for me. Then I started to think I could actually kind of "control" the wind. Like, if I was really upset or in pain, the wind would pick up and become more "violent". When I wanted to feel relieved or at peace, a gentle breeze would blow.
At first I thought of it as a silly little girl game, imagining powers. But it kept going over the years, especially in Thailand, when the monsoon season arrived: I had wind AND rain! And so sometime I willed for the wind and rain to get stronger, to let out, express my frustrations (I was at the end of my teenage years, but actually just going through my "teenage crisis" and some other very bad stuff)

And it just happened again two days ago, and 5 minutes ago.
Two days ago, I went in the backyard to hide myself and cry my eyes out: no shoes, no coat, no scarf. I kept crying and crying, and the sky became darker as the wind started to blow then gain force, and eventually rain arrived when I was at my worst.

5 minutes ago, I got really upset because in a moment of weakness, I took a sniff at The Bag (The Bag being a present bag in which my ex boyfriend gave me a scarf with his perfume on it for my birthday. Now I keep the scarf in it, and also one of his T-shirt he gave me and a bottle of his deodorant. Long story short, The Bag is basically a pure undiluted source of his scent.) Then I thought I was gonna go crazy and cry again, so I took a cigarette, put some ocean recording in my ears and went on the balcony. Again, when I was breathing in and out to calm myself and get a sense of relief, a gentle breeze started blowing my way. When I closed my eyes and focused to make it a bit stronger, it did. And when I willed it to change direction, I looked at the smoke and it did.

So, I'm not saying I can create tornadoes or thunderstorms, but I know that here I can talk about this "phenomenon" (I never did, to anyone. Or at least not seriously.) and ask for opinions, and also if anyone had similar experiences (not only with wind).

Bright night!
Blackthorn

Re: control over elements?

Post by Blackthorn »

As a pilot who has studied meteorology, I have a certain amount of skepticism towards any person being able to control the weather like this. My own personal opinion is that it is coincidence. When you describe the sky becoming darker and the wind blowing and ganging force, those are processes that take a lengthy amount of time to occur and their beginning can be tangibly traced and their occurrences predicted. Before we fly, for example, we always report wind conditions across the length of our route so there are no surprises.

With that said, I really should say that I am a skeptic first with a lot of this stuff- so feel free to dismiss my opinion. :) I would be interested to see if anyone has similar experiences to yours. But I personally believe it's in the realm of coincidence.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I have heard a theory once that while many people feel it's the emotions that begin the rain, perhaps it is actually the other way around. And the rain invokes the emotions. I've actually read some scientifically-oriented books regarding weather and its forecasting properties (i.e. predicting future weather without the use of a meteorologist or fancy equipment), and it's actually pretty solid, relying on barometric pressures (which we can't "see" but some can feel via migraines or scar tissue irritation), changes in temperature, noting where mist and dew congregate, etc... so it is highly possible that our bodies subconsciously react to changes in the weather before those changes manifest as rain.

But then again, I'm nerdy and people will experience what they will and draw conclusions as they will. I would be tempted to experiment with that, or at least keep a journal noting your hardest days and the weather that coincided with them, and don't leave the nice days out so you can see how often it actually happens.
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Vesca wrote:I have heard a theory once that while many people feel it's the emotions that begin the rain, perhaps it is actually the other way around. And the rain invokes the emotions. I've actually read some scientifically-oriented books regarding weather and its forecasting properties (i.e. predicting future weather without the use of a meteorologist or fancy equipment), and it's actually pretty solid, relying on barometric pressures (which we can't "see" but some can feel via migraines or scar tissue irritation), changes in temperature, noting where mist and dew congregate, etc... so it is highly possible that our bodies subconsciously react to changes in the weather before those changes manifest as rain.

But then again, I'm nerdy and people will experience what they will and draw conclusions as they will. I would be tempted to experiment with that, or at least keep a journal noting your hardest days and the weather that coincided with them, and don't leave the nice days out so you can see how often it actually happens.
That's a good point and I actually agree that certain people can feel changes in weather. To add to your examples, some people who have arthritis get inflammation with the weather changes.

Although I still disagree with the notion that someone's emotions can affect the weather in an immediate and tangible way - Muirin, maybe you happen to be sensitive to the weather and a journal would be a good idea, as Vesca suggests. I'm not a psychologist, but maybe if you find a correlation, you can try checking the weather forecast and it may help you have a little control over your moods. For example, if there is a storm forecast for tomorrow, you can have extra intent to do something that makes you happy that day, or carry around a lepidolite, etc. I know with bipolar disorder it is not that simple, but perhaps it can help a little bit.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

control over elements?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I've seen more than one person post on this site that they also feel they may have this ability. I think a journal would help one make an observation of such occurrences to see of they are coincidental or not.

Rosie Moonflower [HIBISCUS]
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I don't know about true "control" over weather (I don't really believe magic as an overt force of power), but certainly your experiences have a lot of synchronicity to them.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I personally believe that emotions of highly-evolved psychic individual could affect weather and climate as I believe everything is made up of energy and of movement (and this includes emotions and weather) and the existence of subtle energies around us, could effect other energies in a very profound way. Any matter that has energies could react to mental and/or emotional influences spontaneously and immediately.

Actually, I believe entanglement theory could provide an explanation for this. Subatomic research had proven that all matter is interconnected, entangled in a single unified mesh! It suggests that once two particle engage or interface, they will remain "entangled," such that any action on one particle will instantaneously affect the other. For example, if particle A will go up, particle B will go down, no matter how far apart they are!

Apply that to elemental or weather manipulation, and what you get are the state of atmosphere and the human mind who need to interact only once to become "paired." When that happens, physical manipulation (through tools, machines, etc) is no longer required or desired. Time and space are immaterial; even if the atmosphere and mind are far from each other or don't physically interconnect with each other, they can always influence each other. Weather have real and measurable impact on our moods and vice versa!

Although, in the narrower, conventional sense this IS NOT a scientific quantum theory! It does lead us to operate in the quantum paradigm and accommodate psychic abilities, consciousness and synchronicity.

I've read about the incredible psychic feats of Ted Owens of Texas, who could command at will to have lightning strike anywhere or anytime he wants to even there were no rain clouds or thunderstorms.

I also had similar experience about influencing the weather. It's when I threw a pity party for myself when Mom got sicked. And I relate it here in other thread:
Several friends from our Circle were sending me and my Mom healing energy, but between the black balloons, tissues and the smoke from the dung candles, not much energy was getting through to me. This is where I balk at asking for help and support when things are really tough: I work myself into a state where I'm not real receptive to healing energy, and it seems, oh I don't know, maybe a bit disrespectful to ask for help when I know I'm not open to receiving it.

Whoever said "we are our own worst enemies" must have had me in mind.

At any rate, seems curiously coincidental (which probably means not coincidental at all) that once the heavy cloud cover lifted this afternoon, so too did my mood. Not gonna jump back into life just yet; I really do need a few days of total sloth (disguised as self care) (or was it the other way 'round?), but hey looks like I'm on the upswing
BUT! I do not endorse controlling and manipulating the weather for your own agenda. Averting a thunderstorm from your hometown may cause it to gain power and catastrophically ruin and destroy a neighbouring town. Plants needs lightning and storms. Rain at the wrong time in the wrong amount over the wrong period of time may ruin our agriculture completely.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Muirìn

Post by Muirìn »

I've been a skeptic, and am, about a lot of things Blackthorn. But then, some of them were actually true, even though for me it seemed impossible.
For instance, the first ever spell I casted was to keep my roommate from ever setting foot in the room again (I didn't want to cast a banishing spell because of the Threefold rule, so I went around)
At that time she had left all her stuff in the room but went living with friends and her aunt, etc... And we had a VERY BAD relationship (meaning someone had to separate us two times right before we started kicking each other's ass)
Finally, she got banned from the youth house in which we both lived, but her stuff was still there. Well, she came back for her stuff, but in the end, never ever set foot in the room.
So, the point is, I was a bit skeptic and really wasn't sure this was gonna work, but it did!

And my emotions don't come after the bad weather, or after the rain. When I was crying outside it was a bit overcast but no wind or rain. It came after, when I was at my breaking point and the pain was at it's highest.
I'm not saying I'm Storm or Six (for those who read the Lorien Legacies), I can't create huge storms or hurricanes, and if I'm not focused enough, wind just takes over, back to its own course. But I tested it two more times, yesterday when I was burning something and the smoke was coming towards me: I extended my hand and focused on having a small breeze push the smoke the other way. It worked! Then I got distracted by my phone and I got the smoke back in my face.
And two days ago, I was walking back home and there was a bit of wind. While walking, I decided to "practice", see if it was really a coincidence. I started breathing more and more heavily, focusing on the raging feelings inside of me that just wanted to break out, and wam! The wind picked up full force!

So I don't know... I think that what Seraphin says makes sense, that everything and anything is made of energy and that an energy should be able to move another one. I remember in a physics class in high school, our teacher demonstrated that in theory, we should be able to have telekinesis... It's just theory, but who knows ^^

Bright night!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Haha Muirin! I started out as a total skeptic too about magick and psychic phenomenon. Having studied and taught different branches of science and logic, I tended to question everything that didn't have any scientific and logical explanation. But I also had an unappeasable search for knowledge and truth, especially outside the mainstream and orthodox science and religion.

I've heard of such things as spells, talismans, materialization, telekinesis and such and I thought they were all mere superstition, with no rational basis. How I came to believe in them came as a result of experimentations, experiences and several psychic tasks and games!
Seraphin

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Can I just add, that in my experience, letting go of the skepticism was what opened the flood gates for psychic experiences for me. When I finally let go over my reservations and said this stuff is real, it began to happen to me more and more.

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

I personally find that my skepticism makes my spirituality stronger :)  I may be new to witchcraft but I have been on a pagan path for over ten years and prior to that grew up in an atheist household. I like to approach my spirituality science-minded: I test my theories, write hypotheses, see what works, find what ideas I can subscribe to and which I just don't believe. Being a skeptic doesn't prevent me from doing magick or tarot or interpreting dreams or any of that fun stuff. I find it fascinating how we each approach our paths differently. I embrace skepticism as part of my practise because it makes my belief stronger. I know some find it a hindrance, but I find it a gift.

For me, being skeptical doesn't mean, "I don't believe in this phenomena" - it just means I don't believe in everything I read and I listen with a discerning ear. But I loooooove to read about others' experiences. Maybe I interpret them differently (and I hope I communicate that respectfully)- but I always value reading about it.

Sorry if this is tangential!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Blackthorn wrote:For me, being skeptical doesn't mean, "I don't believe in this phenomena" - it just means I don't believe in everything I read and I listen with a discerning ear.
Which is the definition of skepticism. To consistently argue against something because it sounds implausible, without giving it due diligence in investigating is called cynicism or pessimism. :)

I've actually found that learning more about the scientific understanding of our world has actually helped me develop my path much further and in different ways than by only reading new age books, folklore, history, philosophy, etc... would have. There are a lot of neat and unexpected things happening in the real world that coincide with the unseen (and a fair bit of it is microscopic or remote, and is therefore unseen in itself). The two worlds don't have to rule each other out, they often compliment each other.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

RosieMoonflower wrote:Can I just add, that in my experience, letting go of the skepticism was what opened the flood gates for psychic experiences for me. When I finally let go over my reservations and said this stuff is real, it began to happen to me more and more.

Being able to open yourself up to new experiences, to enter and investigate things that are new, is how we begin learning openly. It's very necessary.

For many people, finding a balance between the two (beginning with the open learning and then applying some cross-referencing or personal investigation) is the key to personal progress.
Esaru Kun

Post by Esaru Kun »

Seraphin wrote:I personally believe that emotions of highly-evolved psychic individual could affect weather and climate as I believe everything is made up of energy and of movement (and this includes emotions and weather) and the existence of subtle energies around us, could effect other energies in a very profound way. Any matter that has energies could react to mental and/or emotional influences spontaneously and immediately.

Actually, I believe entanglement theory could provide an explanation for this. Subatomic research had proven that all matter is interconnected, entangled in a single unified mesh! It suggests that once two particle engage or interface, they will remain "entangled," such that any action on one particle will instantaneously affect the other. For example, if particle A will go up, particle B will go down, no matter how far apart they are!

Apply that to elemental or weather manipulation, and what you get are the state of atmosphere and the human mind who need to interact only once to become "paired." When that happens, physical manipulation (through tools, machines, etc) is no longer required or desired. Time and space are immaterial; even if the atmosphere and mind are far from each other or don't physically interconnect with each other, they can always influence each other. Weather have real and measurable impact on our moods and vice versa!

Although, in the narrower, conventional sense this IS NOT a scientific quantum theory! It does lead us to operate in the quantum paradigm and accommodate psychic abilities, consciousness and synchronicity.
Seraphin! You are amazing! You answered the questions that bothering me for years so well.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Thank you! It's my pleasure to answer anyone's questions!
Seraphin

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”