Crystals on candles

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Lachesis

Crystals on candles

Post by Lachesis »

Hello,
If working on a ritual, can you burn a candle with crystal place on top? Like where it's burning and the wax melts?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Crystals on candles

Post by SnowCat »

I never thought about that. I don't know of any contraindications, other than possible safety issues. But safety is always a concern with candles.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
random417

Post by random417 »

I've tried that. It works pretty ok with like jar candles or the big pillars, doesn'twork as well with taper candles
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I think it's better to put the crystal beneath the candle.

The flow of energy through a lit candle is very much in line with the physics of Fire, meaning that heat rises. This 'ascension' of energy pulls the surrounding environmental energy with it up through the candle.

So basically, there is a vortex of energy forming that flows from the base of the candle, up through the flame, and out the top.

If you first filter that energy through a crystal, it's adapted and takes on different characteristics before it's 'transmuted in the flame'.

The only reason I've ever heard of someone doing the opposite (having the crystal above the candle) is to clear and charge their crystals with the Fire element.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”