Do you know what I hate the most?

Talk about anything you want to here.
Burstfireloki6

Do you know what I hate the most?

Post by Burstfireloki6 »

The hurt put upon innocent victims. That's what I hate the most. So I posted because all day I have been watching videos of this innocent girl, I don't know if any of you heard about her, but her name is Amanda Todd. She committed suicide at the age of 12 due to massive cyber bullying and being exploited by a 32 year old mean. I have been in tears all day today, feeling her pain. Seeing the emptiness in her eyes. Evil people like that make me sick! That poor girl died all alone, yea she had her family but it doesn't mean much if you can't understand her pain.. I did from the very first time I heard about her. I guess it's because like her, I have suffered with depression since I was 7.. I wish there was something I can do to help these kids going through these problems..
"A demon, if you prefer the term; although to be honest, the difference between god and a demon is really only a matter of perspective."

~Joanne Harris, The Gospel of Loki~
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do you know what I hate the most?

Post by Xiao Rong »

Have you considered volunteering? Something like the suicide hotline might be a good way to help. You'd be surprised by how much good just a few words of kindness can do. I'm sure you can find many local opportunities in your area.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Burstfireloki6

Post by Burstfireloki6 »

Good idea, I definitely have to find some opportunities
"A demon, if you prefer the term; although to be honest, the difference between god and a demon is really only a matter of perspective."

AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Motivational speaking for teens on bullying and the like would also be a good idea, especially coming from people who have "been there" and know what it feels like. I am always pep-talking my little nephew on bullying and how it's ok to be who you are, not to listen to children who do not know what life is really like because they are to young to even know their own minds. He's only going on 8 years old and is already an advocate for kids against bullying.
Burstfireloki6

Post by Burstfireloki6 »

I had posted a video up on my YouTube trying to connect with other depression and bully victims. My ultimate goal is to get to the UN and get better protection laws against bullies and to get programs for teens that suffer with depression so they have an alternative to suicide. I have suffered with depression for 15 years. Major Depression Disorder. But I have overcome my suicidal tendencies. Problem is, it's not as easy to get over suicidal tendencies like people think. Although people think that if you are suicidal, you should go to a psychologist. But they can't help much, it is easier for a survivor of depression to help all those depressed

AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

As I said, someone who knows and who's been in that situation is easier to listen too than someone who just "thinks" they know what is best. It is a very noble goal, I hope you make headway on it and make a difference!
Burstfireloki6

Post by Burstfireloki6 »

Thank you :) I want to gather a group of survivors of bullying and survivors of depression before going to the UN. It's better if there are multiple people there so we can make a major point by sharing our experiences

shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Marvelous, Burstfire! Walking out of all that hurt isn't easy at all. If you've the heart to change things, do it!

Have you thought of working in UN to work that change instead of gathering cyber bullying and depression survivors to share experiences at UN?

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”