Destined For This Path?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
astrowitch

Destined For This Path?

Post by astrowitch »

I believe I was always destined to come across wicca and paganism and the craft and follow it. Ever since I was little, I had a definite affinity with the magical and unknown. While most kids believe in fairies and dragons, my "fairy phase" lasted longer, through fourth grade. By then, most kids have denounced fairies. (While I still am not entirely sure whether or not the realm of fea exist, I do not deny it either. But I still love the lore.)

Once, when I was about seven or eight, my dad took me into a little store I now recognize as a wicca shop, because I thought it was a fairy store. I wanted one of the elaborate crystal wands so I could be a fairy. He said next time, because he didn't have the cash on him. We didn't go back though.

The fairy shop I had my last fairy birthday party in (fourth grade) has wiccan/pagan rituals there. My sister, who's friend went there on a spirit hunt, said there weren't kind spirits there though, and I shouldn't go there because of that, which I completely agree. I'm susceptible to negative energies and being young, I do not want to have any contact with negative spirits.

I was always drawn to Celtic or pagan/wiccan music without knowing it too. You know those CD samples they have in stores where you press a button and it would play a sample song? I always found myself playing the samples from the albums that had celtic knots or other subtle wiccan symbols on the covers.

The latest occurence that happened before I started my journey into wiccan was when I first made my tumblr. I wasn't following anyone yet, but my dash was filled with wiccan posts and pictures and I thought it was just lovely. It was then when I actively became interested.

Other instances like these happened, where I just had a gentle brush with wicca and paganism, or it kept coming up in my past that I only now recognize. But I do think that all of those were just signs of what was to come.

Does that seem viable to any one else?
Vesca

Re: Destined For This Path?

Post by Vesca »

Viable?

I don't believe in coincidences, and I also believe that your heart and "core" self will guide you where you need to go. :)

I'm also fairly certain that a lot of people feel that kind of pull throughout their lives but don't always know where it's coming from or what to do about it until they mature mentally and are able to connect some of those more obscure dots.
astrowitch

Post by astrowitch »

I realize now viable wasn't the proper term, haha!; I meant valid. Know that it was like 11:00PM after a long day when I posted this.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I completely understand... My brain doesn't always cooperate with waking reality. ^^ I couldn't tell if I was just reading it wrong or something.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I'm new here too. I agree with your post...or I guess I should say I relate to your post 100%!

When I was little I had a log cabin playhouse. My favorite thing was to dress up in old fashioned clothes and pretend I was witch. A worshipper of nature.

My father who was very intelligent,loving and open minded took me to a peculiar store once when I was little. I remember buying several candles and a book of old Celtic spells and superstitions and a necklace with a dragon pendant. I love those few things.

My room had dried flowers hung upside down in all the corners and candles lit, when I was in Jr high...while,most girls had the magazine pages of Hanson or Backstreet Boys,hahaha...I had whimsical artwork of fairies and angels.

I've suppressed those feelings for a long time. You know how life goes...people tell you stuff is hogwash or devil worship. It wasn't until I realized that my little girl at 7 years old, knows who she is. She told me she believes in many gods and goddesses from all walks of life but the entity she believes deserves worship is our Earth and mother nature.

I funny side note...when I was little, I thought I would be unmarried and have a few cats and goats and live in the forest alone with nature...making my own remedies and living off the land. Just a nature witch. Ive never said that to anyone but my hubby. My daughter told me the other day that she would never marry..she would just have two Sphynx cats (we own two female Sphynx cats now)and live in a cottage in the forest. Made me smile. Because of her, I've joined this forum to help open,my mind more to the possibility that my daughter may be a wiccan..or just really in touch with other realms and nature.
astrowitch

Post by astrowitch »

Its so nice to see people who have had the same experiences!!

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”