Meditation

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Aceso

Meditation

Post by Aceso »

I have been meditating quite a bit and One of the meditations I did had a strange affect on me. My teeth started chattering and when I broke the meditation abruptly it felt like someone hit me in my chest. Was I making contact with something?
corvidus

Re: Meditation

Post by corvidus »

It's possible to connect to many different planes of existence while meditation, which all depends on what kind of meditation you were doing, what system you are following, and any intention you held in mind during the meditations.

It's also possible to release energy blockages while meditating. That also depends on how you go about it.

So... if you could elaborate a bit more, it would help narrow it down ;)

Also, how does your chest feel now? does it feel heavier, or lighter? Do you perceive any colours there, and if so are they bright and clear or otherwise?
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I did not have anything in mind. I let my self relax and excepted anything that wanted to communicate. Was I too open?
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

You could have been a little too open...

how does your chest feel now? does it feel heavier, or lighter? Do you perceive any colours there, and if so are they bright and clear or otherwise?
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I feel fine. I saw no colors. I did feel a bit bolder than normal. I meditated before I started work. I felt like I can take on anything.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kool, sounds like you released an energy blockage in your Solar Plexus.

From a random website:
The Solar Plexus Chakra, located between the navel and solar plexus, is the core of our personality, our identity, of our ego.

The third chakra is the center of willpower. While the Sacral chakra seeks pleasure and enjoyment, the third chakra is all about the perception of who you are.

The gift of this chakra is sensing your personal power, being confident, responsible, and reliable.

The third chakra is the center of your self-esteem, your willpower, self-discipline, as well as warmth in your personality.

The energy of this chakra allows you to transform inertia into action and movement. It allows you to meet challenges and mover forward in your life.

The main challenge for the third chakra is to use your personal power in a balanced manner.
source: http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/index.html

And out of curiosity, are you following meditations found in a book or whatever you're inspired to do?
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

No I do not follow it out of a book. The first time I learned to meditate it must have been in the seventh grade in catholic school. The teacher had us all lay down and visiualize the ocean and she kept speaking but I actually fell into the meditation and I got up feeling relaxed. So I do a mental recal of her vooice saying relax and where to visualise my self and it seems to work for me.

Before I forget When I start to do my meditation I see an array of colors when I close my eyes. I guess this is connected as well.

Thank you so much for your help. Blessings.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”