Shiva Lingam Stone and Meditation

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
corvidus

Shiva Lingam Stone and Meditation

Post by corvidus »

(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... SY355_.jpg)

At certain points along the holy Ganges river, and other sacred rivers in India, the water turns back on itself. Stones of a specific composition get caught in these pools and tumble themselves into a rough shape. Natives collect these stones and polish them into the Shiva Lingam stones (shown above).

The Shiva Lignam stone is the image of our Androgynous nature. When held vertically, it represents our Masculine qualities. When horizontally, the Feminine qualities:
Crystal-Cure.com wrote:This stone resonates with energies of all the elements - Earth, Fire, Water, Air and Stone. Use shiva lingam to:

Charge the entire chakra system
Activate kundalini energies
Boost vitality
Enhance inner transformation
Break up old patterns and open the path for new life
Help to feel unity, even during times of separation
Below is the meditation I used to do until I unfortunately lost the Shiva Lingam stone my mother gave me...
(aka, until the Shiva Lingam stone desired to return itself to Nature, or moved on to the next person for healing :lol: ...)

Shiva Lingam Stone Meditation

1. Sit in a comfortable position or lay down with your head and torso propped up on a pillow. It's necessary to prop yourself up to notify your body that you're not trying to fall asleep, and that you're trying to meditate.

2. Clear the mind and activate yourself anyway you choose -- whether this be casting a circle, reciting mantras to connect yourself with your Divinity, or otherwise.

3. Focus on your body's subtle channels, especially the seven major chakras and the Ida and Pingala channels shown here:

(http://bangkokthaimassage.com/images/idapingala.jpg)

4. Now turn your awareness and intent on connecting your subtle body to the vibration of the Shiva Lingam stone. The purpose is to clear the mind of everything except the subtle body and the Shiva Lingam, and try to get them to resonate together in Unity.

5. The most important step. Don't resist! The Shiva Lingam stone will begin to balance your energies, so relax into the movement of your energy, and let yourself unfold.

An additional technique:

Any time you do work to balance out your energy body, it's possible to clear yourself of negative emotions and energy blockages. If this happens, release any stress or emotional discomfort into the Shiva Lingam stone by first moving it into your heart center (the seat of Fire which transmutes our emotions), and down your arms and out your palms (into the stone).

When I used to do this meditation, the stone would become physically hot in my hands!

Make sure to cleanse your Shiva Lingam after each meditation session, as well as putting it in its proper place on your altar -- otherwise you'll end up losing yours like I did! :oops:

Adaptation of these Techniques

This meditation technique will work with any gemstone or crystal, but the effects will vary on which type of stone.
Every stone and crystal is capable if we open ourselves to their vibrations.

Have fun!
bluejay_1919

Re: Shiva Lingam Stone and Meditation

Post by bluejay_1919 »

What a beautiful stone! I love how mother nature produces such natural wonders. Great guide on this meditation too.. I don't have that stone, but I would like to try this method.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I agree! and thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention, if you don't meditate much it might take a few sessions for you to become aware of your energy channels. But if you've cleared and centered your mind well enough in the beginning it will be easier to perceive your 'Self'.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Corvidus, this is a very nice and informative post. Could you please edit the original post to include the sources for the information you quoted and the image? see avoiding-plagiarism viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27159
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Xiao Rong wrote:Corvidus, this is a very nice and informative post. Could you please edit the original post to include the sources for the information you quoted and the image? (see this post on avoiding plagiarism for general guidelines). Thank you!
Thank you and most certainly :)

However, I was under the impression that any images exist in the public domain.. But I've added the requested citation anyways.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Not necessarily. Many websites have specific terms on how to use their images (e.g. how to credit them properly, etc.). When in doubt, at least cite the website where they came from.

Thanks!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kool, thanks for the clarification Xiao Rong
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have a fairly large Shiva Lingam stone that when placed in the lap kinda weighs you down while meditating. It seems to give a great connection to the earth reminding me to bring it back to center when the mind goes wandering.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”