Different Types of Magick?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
FaithFinder

Different Types of Magick?

Post by FaithFinder »

I am new to Wicca and witchcraft, and so I'm in the process of learning all sorts of terms, practices and whatnot. I thought magick was just, well...magick. But I'm hearing about kitchen magick, angel magick, dragon magick, fae magick...just to name a few. What are the differences between these things, and can you practice more than one? How many types of magick /are/ there? If someone could possibly give me a list of them (dragon, elemental, kitchen, healing, etc.) so I can conduct research outside of this forum, that would be great.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Different Types of Magick?

Post by SnowCat »

Hi FaithFinder. There are, indeed, many different paths. We love answering questions, but do request that our new members post a short intro in our intro section.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Magic is just magic. It's the manipulation of energy by focusing our will, visualization, and other tools we develop over time and study.

The different "types" refer to what supports/mediums you use for that magic to manifest the way you wish it to.

Angel magic: working with angel spirits.
Fae magic: working with fae spirits.
Dragon magic: working with dragon spirits.
Kitchen magic: working with food and sometimes herbs in the kitchen.

And so forth. There are as many types of magic as there is ideas for magic, and you can absolutely practice more than one. Although many people tend to stick to only one or two mediums that they click with the best.
medusa3777

Post by medusa3777 »

FaithFinder wrote:I am new to Wicca and witchcraft, and so I'm in the process of learning all sorts of terms, practices and whatnot. I thought magick was just, well...magick. But I'm hearing about kitchen magick, angel magick, dragon magick, fae magick...just to name a few. What are the differences between these things, and can you practice more than one? How many types of magick /are/ there? If someone could possibly give me a list of them (dragon, elemental, kitchen, healing, etc.) so I can conduct research outside of this forum, that would be great.
I think Wicca is mostly a European based form of magic. There is also Hoodoo and Santeria which is African based. There is Native American shamanism. I get into all of the above.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”