My altar in Sweden

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
sebjon

My altar in Sweden

Post by sebjon »

PS: The empty spot at the front of the altar is for my (Moonphase) cauldron! ^^
Vesca

Re: My altar in Sweden

Post by Vesca »

I like the leaves, and shells. :)

So I'm curious, you mentioned that paganism isn't a super common thing in Sweden but it seems like you were able to find some items that were made for the practice. So I'm assuming you still have new age stores out there, but are they particularly common? Or only in certain bigger cities?
sebjon

Post by sebjon »

Thank you! ^^

Some of the items are from an online shop (the only good Swedish one) but a lot of the things are what I bought in the U.S. on my vacation! :)

There are one or two possible stores in Stockholm that I know of but haven't checked out. So you probably can get nice pagan/Wiccan items in Sweden but nowhere except the 3 largest cities (Stockholm, Göteborg and Malmö)!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Interesting. I'll have to make a note to visit those places when and if our trip out to northern EU ever happens. :)
sebjon

Post by sebjon »

I hope you get to visit Scandinavia. The nature up here is amazing :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I hope so too. It's on our "to go" list, and after we move it'll only be about a 10 hour drive instead of a 15 hour flight. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Vesca wrote:So I'm curious, you mentioned that paganism isn't a super common thing in Sweden
Sebjon, perhaps look harder, it may be more common than you think, albeit not as trendy nor sleek. I'm curious as to what magical things might be found in a simple Swedish garden, or a wood, or even a (seemingly) common kitchen...if one knew where to look. Sweden has an old, rich legacy of cunning folk, reflected in what's left of De Kloka (wise ones) and Trolldom practitioners. Sometimes in the simple places things could be found that won't be found in big city or online shops. :wink:

Lovely altar, sebjon. I too like the leaves. They look yummy. Made me think of this: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 30226.html (maybe I'm just hungry)

Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

A few years back I was in Copenhagen for three weeks and then took a train to Stockholm and was there for one week. I loved both Sweden and Denmark and absolutely want to go back. Gamla Stan was so beautiful.
Fjäll1291

Post by Fjäll1291 »

Kassandra wrote:
Vesca wrote:So I'm curious, you mentioned that paganism isn't a super common thing in Sweden
Sebjon, perhaps look harder, it may be more common than you think, albeit not as trendy nor sleek. I'm curious as to what magical things might be found in a simple Swedish garden, or a wood, or even a (seemingly) common kitchen...if one knew where to look. Sweden has an old, rich legacy of cunning folk, reflected in what's left of De Kloka (wise ones) and Trolldom practitioners. Sometimes in the simple places things could be found that won't be found in big city or online shops. :wink:

Lovely altar, sebjon. I too like the leaves. They look yummy. Made me think of this: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 30226.html (maybe I'm just hungry)

I don't think swedish folk magic is paganism since it's not a religion. It's just something people used to do. All Swedes in the 1800s were christian and still they used magic in their everyday life.

We have some spiritual shops with incense, crystals and books, but thats pretty much it, and now I'm talking about the biggest city in Sweden. But often, you can find tools at secondhand shops.

In the Swedish gardens and kitchens, there are many medicinal herbs, so that's a good place to look!
Swedish gardens are often very wild. Like this: http://www.dn.se/images/2011/07/22/Rosa ... ppland.jpg
I love the wild gardens! (And red houses)
In front of many old houses in Sweden, they have guardian trees that guard over the families that live there.
Haha maybe off topic, but interesting!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Beautiful altar sebjon !...beautiful garden fjall!
Hey you guys are neighbors!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
citrine

Post by citrine »

Tjena :) the altar looks very nice! "The only good one" when it comes to shops, you mean that one which name starts with "a"? :)
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey look here!
You guys have another neighbor :flyingwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen: