Am I meditating right?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Sdnkouytfbkpph

Am I meditating right?

Post by Sdnkouytfbkpph »

When I meditate I feel like I'm sleeping but I'm aware of everything around me. But I also think about stuff that I can't control. What I mean by that is I know how people say it's hard to meditate because they think a lot and can't seem to clear their mind but that's not my problem. Once I clear my mind and I go into my trance, when I wake up from it I realize that I actually was thinking but I can't seem to remember what. Also, people meditate to find answers and help their mind but I don't really feel anything after meditating except tired. Is that normal too? After I meditate I get really sleepy and wanna take a nap. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks guys :):)
corvidus

Re: Am I meditating right?

Post by corvidus »

I don't think you're doing it wrong, but I do think you're only scratching the surface :)

Why do you meditate?
Do you plan on utilizing meditation to develop yourself -- or are you attempting to achieve any particular state of being like Samadhi, deep trance, etc?
Sdnkouytfbkpph

Post by Sdnkouytfbkpph »

corvidus wrote:I don't think you're doing it wrong, but I do think you're only scratching the surface :)

Why do you meditate?
Do you plan on utilizing meditation to develop yourself -- or are you attempting to achieve any particular state of being like Samadhi, deep trance, etc?
Well i started meditating to expand my mind, work on my chakras, and find inner peace. Eventually I want to improve enough that i can contact other beings through astral projection and stuff like that. I'm really just trying to learn from meditation about who we are
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kool, those are definitely worthwhile pursuits.

Are you familiar with the book, Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon? He gives very good information, and quite a few meditation exercises that will progress you towards contacting "other beings through astral projection and stuff like that."

Most of them revolve around visualization meditations.
Sdnkouytfbkpph

Post by Sdnkouytfbkpph »

Awesome thanks I'll definitely check it out!

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”