Vision Tea

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
dualhands

Vision Tea

Post by dualhands »

WARNING
Some might be sensitive to this tea.
I could describe it as...
clarity yet trance like. a distant feeling right in front of your face type deal.
Like your dipping the tip of your nose into the other side.

motor skills will still be there!

1 table spoon damiana leaf
1 tablespoon catnip
1 teaspoon st. johns wort
1 teaspoon peppermint leaf
1 teaspoon hops flowers
1 teaspoon mugwort
1 teaspoon yarrow flower
1 teaspoon lemon balm

its quite the handful. But totally worth it.
great for rituals, or spells where trance and concentration are needed.
works well for scrying.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Deejean

Re: Vision Tea

Post by Deejean »

Do you know what properties are in each plant that help with the trance effect? I'm fimilular with the calming properties of the catnip and lemon balm and the hops. But don't believe I've heard of damiana leaf, mugwart, or yarrow flower.
I love all kinda of plants and have grown many and enjoy leaning about them.
Personally I enjoy teas that give you the kick to the otherside so I'm interested to hear whats in this :) thanks.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Sounds interesting. I would add that anyone on a prescription medication, especially an anti depressant should check for any possible drug interactions. If an anti depressant is being used, the St. John's Wort should be omitted.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Aw there are no pictures this time... Just kidding. :P

I'll have to try this one out one day.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Vesca wrote:Aw there are no pictures this time... Just kidding. :P

I'll have to try this one out one day.
Lol, it would have been quite the picture show for this one. Besides. I hope everybody knows how to make tea :p
Deejean wrote:Do you know what properties are in each plant that help with the trance effect? I'm fimilular with the calming properties of the catnip and lemon balm and the hops. But don't believe I've heard of damiana leaf, mugwart, or yarrow flower.
I love all kinda of plants and have grown many and enjoy leaning about them.
Personally I enjoy teas that give you the kick to the otherside so I'm interested to hear whats in this :) thanks.

The combination of Damiana and catnip gives the true trance like effect. Its nothing that going to make you freak out or anything. It's an enjoyable state of mind.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Awesome thanks! I'll have to look into each of them and see what chemicals are giving me said trance haha. I like to know exactly what I'm taking before I ingest it.
Plants are the most amazing beings, so selfless and full of such amazing substances hehe.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

dualhands wrote:
Lol, it would have been quite the picture show for this one. Besides. I hope everybody knows how to make tea :p

The combination of Damiana and catnip gives the true trance like effect. Its nothing that going to make you freak out or anything. It's an enjoyable state of mind.

I suppose not knowing how to make tea should be classified as a gross misdemeanor (which is an arrestable offense). Or at least I kind of hope it would be...

I just had this fantastic mental image of stealing my cat's catnip toy and letting it brew with the damiana tea. I don't think she would appreciate that too much though... Plus it would probably get some cat hair in it.

I think it's time for some coffee...
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

When I lived in England, I worked in a bar and once an old gentleman ordered tea, saying : "This is hot water, poured over a tea bag" (He probably thought since I am a foreigner, I may have never heard of tea :) ).
I like this recipe, dual, will definitely try it some time.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

YanaKhan wrote:When I lived in England, I worked in a bar and once an old gentleman ordered tea, saying : "This is hot water, poured over a tea bag" (He probably thought since I am a foreigner, I may have never heard of tea :) ).
Hah, I could really easily see that happening where I used to live out there. :P
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

SnowCat wrote:Sounds interesting. I would add that anyone on a prescription medication, especially an anti depressant should check for any possible drug interactions. If an anti depressant is being used, the St. John's Wort should be omitted.

Snow
Thanks for that tip, Snow. I'll try it with the adjustments to accommodate my medications. Still very excited to try it out though :)
Draconus

Post by Draconus »

Interesting. I'll have to try and scrounge up some ingredients for this.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

If you're strapped for ingredient, the catnip and damiana and peppermint leaf are the base in my opinion.

But mixing them all together is extremely good for spells requiring concentration1
Cats and Tea

Post by Cats and Tea »

Where would I find damiana? I've never heard of that before!
"You can never find a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
C.S. Lewis
keria

Post by keria »

I ordered some off eBay bc I don't have a shop where I'm at but maybe whole food store that sells bulk herbs?
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I had to do EBay, as well. I don't have access to any supplies where I live in this small town .

Return to “Potions”