How does a protection pendant work?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
LadyCatnip

How does a protection pendant work?

Post by LadyCatnip »

Protection is something I'm curious about and I'm curious as to how the pendant works. (I'm still separating fact from fiction with Magick). Does it ward off those that mean you harm or feel cool to warn you that something is amiss?
Sakura Blossom

Re: How does a protection pendant work?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Whenever I use protection charms it's only the first; warding off those that mean you harm and same for anything that might cause harm. It won't necessarily keep EVERYTHING bad at bay but it would be used as an extra step to try and help with that sort of thing. The pendant itself wouldn't really change.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Different stones/crystals resonate various frequencies. Ranging from low to high. Stones that resonate on a lower level tend to work more towards the physical plane of existence. While stones with higher vibrational frequencies tend to work more along the crown chakra/astral plain. so different stones that offer protection, depending on what kind of stone it is. May offer protection in different ways. Such as physical protection, emotional protection, or psychic protection.

There are many different websites/books that contain information regarding stones and the metaphysical properties that emanate from them.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Adiens

Post by Adiens »

I personally like the Crystal Bible for reference book wise. I think they are like on the fourth edition of it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It would be really awesome if a pendant would yell "Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!" Although you might get some strange looks. A lot of information is available regarding the metaphysical properties of rocks and minerals. A lot of the choice of what to use, is what you like. Rocks and minerals are sentient in their own way, which accounts for feeling a particular specimen call to you. Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true." That's still very good advice.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
LadyCatnip

Post by LadyCatnip »

An obvious warning would be nice! I've been told that I'm too nice for my own good and always give people the benefit of the doubt. If I had a nickel for every time I've been wrong, my mortgage would be paid off!
LadyCatnip

Post by LadyCatnip »

I have to say that I love the protection amulet that I got from dualhands! I wore it on my drives to & from Ohio last month and felt safe & calm for the full 13+ hours. I've also worn it this past weekend for the early birthday celebration with my dad's family (8 adults, a hyperactive child & an infant) that included me picking up my 91 year old grandparents at their apartment, driving their car to pick up my aunts at the airport so on & so forth. It was a bit of a train wreck but I didn't have the overwhelming desire to walk myself all the way home!

I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but I'm good with it!
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I make these pendants. They each contain various herbal spells. Actual herbs and some crystals. I actually work various energies into them considering moon phases and which work needs which incense, etc.

When I do a protection one , they vary. It depends on if a person needs protection physically, mentally, emotionally. ... I ALWAYS use a black salt that I made myself. I know every tiny thing that goes into these. ... If I want to protect from feeling anxious, I use specific herbs for that .. I also add charms depending on the issue. So protective amulets, charms , jewelry, etc vary tremendously. It depends on what you need and what someone puts into the piece. ... There also are charms that have just appeared to you and make you feel secure. I have a necklace I wear that I found at good will actually that had amazing energy. I am unsure if it was put there or if it is something that just attached itself. .. But either way, it is protective. ... Wether handmade or accumulated , no two protections will be alike. It's a matter of partnership between yourself and your energy... And the object and its energy.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”