A Crumbling Wall

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Nala Finai

A Crumbling Wall

Post by Nala Finai »

As a child I was able to see spirits. I made friends with a few, but a lot of them were mean. I ran to a friend. He did some kind of ritual, and I hadn't seen a spirit since. I might have seen one or two during Samhain but that was all. He'd called it a wall in front of my eyes. Now though, I have begun to continue what had been my "Psychic Training", but even though I am only exercising other abilities, I've been having more encounters with spirits. Including seeing them, hearing them and feeling them. Not always together, and not nearly as often as I had seen them when I was younger.

But my point, my question, is how would I go about getting rid of them? Or blocking this ability?
corvidus

Re: A Crumbling Wall

Post by corvidus »

Why not embrace the ability?
GodsLovingLight

Post by GodsLovingLight »

If you asked for an ability to be blocked but after time it is beginning to resurface, it's a possibility that you're supposed to begin to work with it. The other reason why I say this is because you're working on developing other abilities but this is one is coming through inspite of your desier to prevent it from growing. You might need to work with this ability to help grow your other abilities.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I agree with Lee. It's time for you to start working with it.

It's quite natural to be afraid or uncomfortable about these about these abilities. But given proper guidance, there’s nothing wrong with pursuing and developing them.

What should you do when you see or feel spirits, entities or energies again? If it's nonthreatening and looks harmless, just talk to it and discover what it wants from you. The worst thing you can do is to be afraid of them because if you do, you're feeding them negative energies such as fear and that gives them the power over you.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Nala Finai

Post by Nala Finai »

The reason I was afraid of it in the first place was because a lot of spirits weren't too terribly nice. I had two spirit friends and towards the very end of our friendship, they decided they no longer liked me. I've learned to not trust spirits mostly. Yes they may be harmless physically, but not so much emotionally. Being a medium was one of my natural abilities, so I guess it would make sense for it to resurface as I continue my not so natural abilities.
Proper guidance is difficult seeing as I don't really have anyone to give me proper guidance. There is an elder in a small town, not far from my home, and she is very knowledgeable. But she isn't wiccan, she is more into Native American Legends, and I don't know how she feels about witches, or how she would feel about helping me.
I will look into some old grimoires and a few websites to see if I can find anything on how to completely break down that wall, so as to work on that ability once more.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hi Nala,

This is my two cents, but I think you should consider starting by making you sure you are grounded cleansed and protected. Look up grounding exercises (there are lots online), and then ways to cleanse yourself....again there are many....then finally look up basic protection of yourself and your living space. This should keep you busy for a little while. When you are centred, cleansed and have some basic protection then I would suggest moving outward. Journaling is wonderful. Taking notes of your dreams, impressions, visions while recording what happens day to day is a great way to pay attention to your ability and notice patterns. I think it was Vesca (from the forum) maybe that also suggested this kind of journaling? (My apologies if not). I favour this method because it is gentle and it's how I started dialing in on what was going on for me.

You talk about a wall and a not being ready for itour ability and protecting yourself in the past, so why not make sure you have a good safe foundation from which to work from...one that helps you feel grounded and more secure? I say why not walk first-then run?

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”