The Adventure of my First Wand

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Veiled_Wisdom

The Adventure of my First Wand

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

*Updated

So I took a walk today with my loyal companion and best friend, my dog Odin. I had set forth with the intent of finding the right bit of branch that would become my first wand. I wanted to find a dropped piece, shared from nature, for whomever needs it. My eyes looking about along the walk looking for something that was calling out to me. About halfway through my journey, I was so engrossed in searching for that special piece of wood that I had failed to notice a feral cat that couldn't have been more than a year old. When I did notice the feline, it gave me quite a shock as it was so close to me and it was gazing at me with an intense and mysterious stare. After saying hello to this creature I continued to set forth on my journey. I had arrived upon a large fallen branch, one particular offshoot drew my interest right away. I knew it was right, it had spoken out to me. I freed that offshoot from the main part of the fallen branch. I then took a moment to inspect what I now held in my hand. As I looked at it's beauty, turning it over, examining all its unique characteristics, it almost seemed as if this piece of wood, this stick, was singing in my hand. What a strong connection, what an amazing gift nature has given me. I then took another moment to thank nature for what had been bestowed upon me. After my kind words were said I stared to head back. My eyes fully open and enjoying all the beauty of nature around me. What was an already truly magickal moment became even more so, as I continued on my way back I came across five beautiful rabbits. They were so peaceful, so beautiful, so happy.

I will update this post as progress is made on the creation of my wand.

Here is what I am starting with.

Vesca

Re: The Adventure of my First Wand

Post by Vesca »

Thanks for sharing your story! It's very intriguing.
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

Vesca wrote:Thanks for sharing your story! It's very intriguing.
Everyone is welcome. It was such an amazing experience it seemed selfish of me not to share.
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

After the bark has been stripped away and then it was oiled then it was waxed.

Now I'm deciding if I'm gonna add any crystals or stones.

It's been a few days and I'm still feeling the wand just as is with no embellishments. Input is always welcome.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

I wonder if the cat sensed what you were up to... or if it was just a curious creature saying hello x3

Last year, at the river by my aunt's house, I found a piece of driftwood that sang to me. I kept it with the intention of making it into my wand, but I needed to bring it to school so the Shop teacher could drill a hole in the top for a crystal, and I kept forgetting, so it was sitting on my dresser for quite a while.
The day before I was going to bring it to school, my mother decided to be helpful and clean my room.
Now I am back to looking for a wand. *sigh* (To be fair, she was extremely sorry and actually dug through the trash bin, but couldn't find it. I guess it was just not meant to be.)

Personally, I would add a gemstone to the tip. That said, I am extremely attracted to crystals and gemstones, and I also happen to have more than a dozen of them laying around my room, so. Having attached a crystal to the top of my staff, may I just say that drilling a hole into the grain is more difficult than you would think. -.- But by no means impossible. It depends on the shape of the wand's tip, and on your personal preference.
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

Silversong wrote:I wonder if the cat sensed what you were up to... or if it was just a curious creature saying hello x3

Last year, at the river by my aunt's house, I found a piece of driftwood that sang to me. I kept it with the intention of making it into my wand, but I needed to bring it to school so the Shop teacher could drill a hole in the top for a crystal, and I kept forgetting, so it was sitting on my dresser for quite a while.
The day before I was going to bring it to school, my mother decided to be helpful and clean my room.
Now I am back to looking for a wand. *sigh* (To be fair, she was extremely sorry and actually dug through the trash bin, but couldn't find it. I guess it was just not meant to be.)

Personally, I would add a gemstone to the tip. That said, I am extremely attracted to crystals and gemstones, and I also happen to have more than a dozen of them laying around my room, so. Having attached a crystal to the top of my staff, may I just say that drilling a hole into the grain is more difficult than you would think. -.- But by no means impossible. It depends on the shape of the wand's tip, and on your personal preference.
I'm sure nature will give you something great to make a wand :)

I do like crystals but I don't think I have the same affinity for them as you do. I've decided to keep wand just as is. It really just seems right to me.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Veiled_Wisdom wrote:I do like crystals but I don't think I have the same affinity for them as you do. I've decided to keep wand just as is. It really just seems right to me.
Good choice.

Your wand is beautiful, as is. I think any embellishments are completely unnecessary in this case; though a small rune in its base would make it "yours" without altering its general appearance or aesthetic in any way.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”