Onyx Necklace I made

Share photos of your own crystals here.
Veiled_Wisdom

Onyx Necklace I made

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

This is the first necklace I have ever made.

I imbued the leather with sandalwood oil, vetiver oil, cedar-wood oil, orange-peel oil, olive oil (as carrier oil), pink himalayan sea salt, burdock root, licorice root, cloves, elderberries, orange peel, and a splash of bourbon. Added some hot water to allow to steep. After steeping for 15 minuets I drained and then dried the leather cord.

I wrapped the onyx stone, which I picked up at my local magickal craft store, in copper wire following the contour of the stone, the stone guiding me to where/how to wrap the copper wire.

I joined the leather cord (after dried of course) with the copper wrapped onyx to make the necklace. Once joined I said a blessing.

As always your comments are welcome.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Onyx Necklace I made

Post by Firebird »

Freaking beautiful! I love how you treated the leather strapping, and you did a fine job on the wrapping :fairy:
Oh crap that rhymed. ..not intentional
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

firebirdflys wrote:Freaking beautiful! I love how you treated the leather strapping, and you did a fine job on the wrapping :fairy:
Oh crap that rhymed. ..not intentional
Bb, Firebird
Your complements are appreciated.

I might make some more and sell them, not sure though, everything I do has to be special to me, that way the items I'm working with can speak to me. I'm afraid if I make some to sell that I won't have the same connection and items/results won't be the same.
mrsdavid1975

Onyx Necklace I made

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I sell stuff on Instagram. This type of thing would do very well!! I do herbal spell bottle pendants and all sorts of things. ... There are so many people who would appreciate a piece with so much intent worked into it. It's beautiful.

( I'll tell you from experience. .. The hardest part is sending your created babies out into the world. )
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:The hardest part is sending your created babies out into the world.
I ditto that.ha ha :( not really funny because I can't save everything, but I still kinda do. Recently I decided to withhold the rest of the green man sculptures I made in the early 2000's. They're cast in ceramic and the only variations is the glazes, I made the mold and still have it and could make more, however no access to a place for firing. (Maybe better remedy that somehow) anyway my thought was going to be perhaps a specialty item like moon charged amulets, make several to be charged at the moon, let the beauties know that their destination is to bless another, then maybe it would be less personal. I really like the oiled strap, the oils could corraspond to the different moons.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:I sell stuff on Instagram. This type of thing would do very well!! I do herbal spell bottle pendants and all sorts of things. ... There are so many people who would appreciate a piece with so much intent worked into it. It's beautiful.

( I'll tell you from experience. .. The hardest part is sending your created babies out into the world. )
Thanks for the complement, and I hear you letting your creations go.
firebirdflys wrote:...anyway my thought was going to be perhaps a specialty item like moon charged amulets, make several to be charged at the moon, let the beauties know that their destination is to bless another, then maybe it would be less personal. I really like the oiled strap, the oils could corraspond to the different moons.
Bb, Firebird
Firebird I like the idea, thanks for the input. I'm gonna talk to my local spellcraft shop and perhaps work something out their. The thing is different stones and different oils have different meanings to each person. So this tells me that I would want to craft necklaces with more generic intent, and then let the purchaser concentrate the properties that they want on their own. The other thing is my time is limited so if things do go well, I'm not sure if I could fulfill the demand.
ness

Post by ness »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:The hardest part is sending your created babies out into the world.
Since I started making things (clothes, jewelry, etc), I take a lot of pleasure if giving it to someone. To me, that ends up being the most satisfying part of the creative process. I have sold a few and sometimes I give it to people if I feel it they need to be owners. I might have learnt this from my trips to burning man, to be able to give wholeheartedly :)
ness

Post by ness »

Veiled_Wisdom wrote: I imbued the leather with sandalwood oil, vetiver oil, cedar-wood oil, orange-peel oil, olive oil (as carrier oil), pink himalayan sea salt, burdock root, licorice root, cloves, elderberries, orange peel, and a splash of bourbon. Added some hot water to allow to steep. After steeping for 15 minuets I drained and then dried the leather cord.
So beautiful! I love how thoughtful you were in your making process. I can almost sense your gentle touch :)
I love it.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Ohhhhhhhh that myriad dark ONYX is CALLING me :lol: I can hear it saying take me home Seraphin, I'm meant to be yours. :lol:
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's gorgeous.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
Tanya.Yer

Post by Tanya.Yer »

It's a beautiful piece.
Veiled_Wisdom

Post by Veiled_Wisdom »

ness wrote:So beautiful! I love how thoughtful you were in your making process. I can almost sense your gentle touch :)
I love it.
Thanks Ness.
Seraphin Murmur wrote:Ohhhhhhhh that myriad dark ONYX is CALLING me :lol: I can hear it saying take me home Seraphin, I'm meant to be yours. :lol:
That's pretty much how I felt when I saw it for the first time at my local spellcraft store.
SnowCat wrote:That's gorgeous.

SnowCat
Thanks SnowCat.
Tanya.Yer wrote:It's a beautiful piece.
Thanks Tanya.

Return to “Crystal Gallery”