What's the best way to deal with overactive abilities?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
TwilightDancer

What's the best way to deal with overactive abilities?

Post by TwilightDancer »

I've always been Claircognizant but lately it's been escalating. Im getting information id rather not get.
I've always appreciated this direct knowledge but it's no longer just knowing where lost items are or knowing someone is going to show up late for work or what someone is hiding behind their back.
My best friend was talking to me late one night recently and her father just up and left without word to anyone. I couldn't skake the feeling that I "knew" he committed suicide. Days later it was confirmed.

And precognitive dreams. vivid dreams every night. When I wake up I feel like I haven't slept at all. I'm not getting any rest.

Advice to deal with this is most welcome.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: What's the best way to deal with overactive abilities?

Post by Seraphin »

I believe taking a break and/or slowing things down is a good idea. Even though psychic abilities like claircognizance is a spontaneous event it can be controlled.

There's a possibility that your sight is really overactive. They say too much of a good thing is bad, and the power you have is definitely good however, this same principle appears to apply to psychic development. And as I said, taking a break remains to be crucial in the management of these conditions. Guided meditations may help to manage and control your ability.

You could also create a shield to wear everyday or to place under your pillow. Something that will keep you shielded from such "knowing" and that prevent spontaneous psychic manifestation. Or perhaps a filter or strainer, just allowing visions that will not make you scared, anxious, paranoid and stressed. It could be as simple crystal or a complex charm or talisman, whatever will work for you. That way you can deal with your overactive ability.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Seraphin really nailed it I think.

I would only add that you may want to consider grounding exercisises. A lot. They are easy and you can be sitting at a desk or whatever..they can be done anytime anywhere and don't look like you are doing anything. I plant my feet on the ground and concentrate on my connection to the earth. If I need to I visualize going right past the flooring into the earth. I begin cleansing breaths that pull the good stuff from the earth right the way through my body. With each breath I push anxiety and unbalanced energy out the top of my head and bring that grounded stuff further up my body I like to think of each chakra as I do this. Once I get to my head I feel much better.

My guides told me to remember to breathe...so I'm passing that along...I know it sounds silly but sometimes simple is good.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Thank-you for the replies.

I started guided meditations today. It was different definitely not what I'm used to, but I actually enjoyed it.

I really like the shield idea, I'm not sure what I want to incorporate in it but I definitely want it wearable.

I'll be posting any progress I've made.

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Grounding is a biggie too, alongside shielding. Mostly because sometimes when your waking and sleeping life is caught up in those kinds of things, it can be difficult keeping yourself balanced within physical reality and it can become detrimental to your health.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I find that coloring in adult coloring books helps to soothe and ground me. It's just very relaxing to choose my colors and make the pictures my own. It taps into a different region of the brain, and can help slow down the impressions coming from outside.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Sorry for my late reply, I've been trying to catch up on my sleep.

Thank-you for all the suggestions.

I ended up making my own dream catcher with Amethyst woven into it. Ive been wearing my obsidian bracelet constantly and I've continued guided meditations.

I've been making it a point to go out each morning and spend time with the elements, meditate and ground myself. And while I don't have any coloring books I do have paint which I've been using. Right now, I'm working on a maleficent inspired piece.

Today is the first day I don't recall any dreams from the night before so progress is definitely being made. My claircognizance hasn't slowed down any, but in the past few days I haven't gotten any upsetting information.

Yay progress!

Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Progress, indeed! Glad for you.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”