Disposal of Remnants on Crossroads...

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
rderry1

Disposal of Remnants on Crossroads...

Post by rderry1 »

hey,

2 parts to the question:

1. I had been working on a spell for a month. I accidentally did not throw the remnants over my shoulder when at the crossroad (car came). I did the prayer and I didn't look back. I felt foolish. Was this wrong?

2. I was told by an experienced witch that what I did was incorrect and the only way to fix this was to go on sprinkle salt at the crossroad to make the spell come true. Was this wrong?

I've been getting mixed answers as I asked someone else that has experience and they are saying they had never heard of number 2. I am so confused.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use capital letters where needed.
Heartsong

Re: Disposal of Remnants on Crossroads...

Post by Heartsong »

In all honesty, it depends on the witch you ask. Some will say that yes, you did it wrong, and others will likely tell you that you didn't do anything wrong at all. Without knowing the specifics of the spell you performed, it's even harder for someone to judge. What's more important, however, in spell work is if you feel like it worked or if you think you need to repeat the spell, or take the person's advice and sprinkle salt to "fix" it. Do you feel like the spell is incomplete? Do you feel like it needs fixing? Or do you think it will still work?

Belief and intuition are cornerstones of witchcraft, in my opinion. If your gut is telling you that there's something else you should do, or that you should repeat the spell, then do that. If you think it's fine, then just send a little energy out towards the spell. Give it a positive nudge to help the process along.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
rderry1

Post by rderry1 »

How can I give it a positive nudge? So, this salt thing is valid? I already performed the salt thing but I heard from another experienced wiccan that they've never heard of this.
grlry

Post by grlry »

My personal beliefs are that of intent. If your heart and intent were in it and if YOU feel like you performed it properly, then you did. As someone new to the path a constant researcher, I have realized that there really may not be a 'right' or 'Wrong' way.
I feel like if there was, it would be a helluva lot easier to find the book and figure this thing out all at once! [WINKING FACE]
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Focus your energy on sending the spell in a positive direction. That's all there is to it. As for the salt, I couldn't say if it's valid or not. Personally, I've never heard of it, but that doesn't make it wrong or mean that it wouldn't work. It just means that I've never come across it.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Folk Magick”