I have toadstools! Any significance?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

I have toadstools! Any significance?

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I have recently rediscovered Wicca a few months ago after taking a long hiatus.

Yesterday i noticed toadstools growing in my garden out the front. My husband said how strange it is because he has never seen toadstools grow at the house before (hes been in the house for 11 years). Could this be a sign that im on the right path, or a sign of the fae, or am i reading way too far into this?

Blessings
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Becks

Re: I have toadstools! Any significance?

Post by Becks »

It definitely could be. I'm not saying it's not a significant sign if it is a sign to you. Maybe look into the energy of fungi and particular fungi if you can? I really appreciate the unique energetic quality from fungi.

The other weird thing to note about about fungi is that no two years will be alike....I can hike certain places regularly and for consecutive years on end...yet moisture and different temperatures at different times of year will bring out some fungi in some years and not in others. It's really neat. Their energy is so unique to plant energy.

What did you think of or feel when you saw them?
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Can't believe I forgot to reply! Oops!

I tried googling the type of fungi, but there are so many different types that I gave up. They lasted a few days before drying up.

Since then another single toadstool has appeared. A few days after that a group of completely different looking toadstools appeared! They are much smaller and bulbous. They are also brown in colour. Such fascinating little things!

I ended up placing a piece of Emerald next to the toadstools as an offering to the Fae. Perhaps thats why more have popped up? Who knows. I'm not complaining though :-)
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's great-it is really hard to identify fungi. I have this huge companion book for identification, and well...it's tricky..especially when they pass their prime. Good thing we don't have to figure out if it's edible or something! :lol:
I don't recommend that...did you know in one of my biology courses there was a prof that said some fungi contains chemical component found in rocket fuel? Yum! Not!

I personally love and respect the energy. I find it shady. I think there is something to be said for the fact that they are so short lived. I think it's important to note when we think about a mushroom/toadstool it is like a flower of a plant...not the stem, nor the leaves. It is only the "fruiting body". It is a celebration. The actual "body" of the fungus is tiny tiny fine white threads like roots that run through the earth, or the tree trunk.....these filaments are the majority of the fungus. When I think about these filaments I think about the threads that connect us all.

They can be large! The Honey Fungus in Oregon is thought to measure about 4 km across! What must that energy feel like? Crazy! It's important to remember that the soil is as alive and as rich as the plants that grow in it. Decomposers, like our for ends the fungi, have a huge role in that.....but I digress!

I'm sure the fey appreciated the gift of the emerald. :D
Thanks for sharing your story. :o
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Oh wow, that's huge! I guess it's true what they say- you learn something new every day :-) I must say I particularly like your posts. You are a walking fountain of knowledge! :D

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”