Experience with Beech Trees

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
TashaTeaLeaf

Experience with Beech Trees

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

I just moved into a new house and there is a large beech tree out front.

I've been doing research on beech trees, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with them.

It's spirit feels protective to me. It's tall with wide spreading branches that cover the whole front yard. Beech trees are covered with eyes. Here is a picture as an example:

The eyes form naturally when a branch falls off. The tree in my yard is much bigger and covered in eyes looking every which way. It feels like it's watching out for the house.

Anyone worked with beech spirits? Have any tips?
Becks

Re: Experience with Beech Trees

Post by Becks »

I love these pictures and think you have a great tree on your property.

Beech is not a species which typically grows where I live, it will grow if planted here, but I'm not personally familiar with it or its energy. I can't wait to hear what you find out, because it sounds like our methods for exploring plants are quite similar.

Very cool post.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Experience with Beech Trees

Post by SnowCat »

I'm more familiar with ash, elm, aspen and cottonwood. Beech isn't native to this climate. I've often felt a connection to a tree over the years. We had a large Chinese elm in one place, that I called Grandfather Elm. I don't believe that the stories of dry ads and tree spirits are just stories. I believe that plant life and the earth itself, are sentient. We've just largely forgotten how to communicate.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”