Deck Found Me!

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Deck Found Me!

Post by Silent Stream »

Was at the half priced book store and came across a Tarot deck. Now I was in there to buy oracle cards, you know on a mission!! And this hit me between the eyes, wow wasn't expecting this, ''The Dragon Tarot''. Not the new Dragon tarot , this deck hit in 2005 I think, the cards are huge and pictures awesome it had every card and book contained in a huge box like 2 windows to look through on the front. Mint, I mean Mint, condition. This is a Nigel Suckling deck, very hard to find much info on this deck. On amazon starting at 34.oo$ and up from there, I paid 9.00$ for these. Hardly any reviews on deck. None on youtube, just the newer version Dragon Tarot. Does anyone have the old version of this deck like mine? You would think I was made of velcro and they jumped off the shelf and stuck on me LOL. I got them home and cleansed with white sage and wand, every card is there, but one unusual 79th Card a dragon on the front and a blank white back! No mention of what it's for in the book either? These cards are awesome to shuffle on there sides instead of bending them from the middle. Having a very unusual attraction to them, Hummmm, Tarot attraction.....Nah I think these cards were meant for me to possess, anyone with any info, or if you have this set wondering what you think about them?? Silent Stream. ::coolglasses::
Last edited by SnowCat on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please use capital letters and apostrophes where appropriate!
mrsdavid1975

Re: Deck Found Me!

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I don't know anything about them but isn't it amazing when our babies find us?! I love it. That extra card sounds interesting .... There's a way of using a reg deck and counting out a yes or no answer. Odds mean no evens mean yes. I guess you could at the very least use it in that manner
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

Yes and No, not to popular with me, pendulum for that, or to confirm your yes no answer!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It sounds like a lovely deck. I have a Dragon Tarot deck, but I don't think it's that one. Now I have the urge to look for a new deck.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's a lovely deck. I have a dragon tarot deck - by Terry Donaldson and it was drawn by Peter Pracownik ...it was printed back in 1996, my daughter used to like to use it, probably because of the pictures lol.

bright blessings!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The one I have is dark, with lots of purples.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes! That's it Vesca.
It was a little dark for me, daughter favored it in her brief gothic era. :?
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's the one I have. It's currently hiding from me.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

That's the one, my question is why is there a blank card included in the deck?? :?
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I honestly was curious so I tried to do some digging on it and came up with... you guessed it, nothing.

From my experience, I'm going to guess that it's one of three things:

1. A placeholder in case you lose a card at some point (you know, write in the card ID and use it in the stead of the missing card).

2. A "blank" card to represent the unknowable (which as far as I know was something Blum coined in his Book of Runes (first published in 1987). Perhaps the artist liked the idea and tried to incorporate it.

3. Sometimes decks will have a few "extra" cards just to keep the real cards from rubbing against the inside of the box they're often packaged in. They're the same shape, often have one side in theme with the deck and the other side is blank or has text depicting a specific tarot spread or the copyright contents. I use them for bookmarks. :P

Best guesses. :)
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

bookmarks,lol me too!

Return to “Tarot Talk”