Fumaroles aka Vents

Talk about anything you want to here.
JahaRa

Re: Fumaroles aka Vents

Post by JahaRa »

YanaKhan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:45 pm I'm sick and tired of explaining things to stupid people! It's the latest trend here for people to bash others about celebrating Halloween (Samhain in my case, but not that important), because it's not an Orthodox holiday. Well, guys, news flash - I'm not a Christian, Orthodox or otherwise, I celebrate Samhain, whether you think it's Satanic or not and yes, I'm having a Halloween kids party in my house and I actually LOVE that my kid is having fun.
Darn haters!
I know this is an old post but it is so weird. When my oldest was little I always had a halloween party because I did not like the idea of trick or treat. All the cousins and friends came. It was a lot of fun and it had nothing to do with anyone's religion.

When my youngest was in second grade and I only had a part time job I volunteered to be the PTA treasurer. I met so many stupid people. The school had one Jehova's witness family and they complained about the PTA Annual Halloween festival. It was a fund raiser for the PTA and a fun way to get the kids to dress up without going trick or treating. But that year that familly protested and we were told we could not have a halloween festival. We just changed the name to Fall Festival, did everything else we always did (even had me dressed as Baba Yaga doing tarot card readings). What's in a name, only what you put into it.
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

SnowCat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:20 pm I bought a new window unit air conditioner for our bedroom. The old one was giving up. My husband decided he didn't need to use the support bracket that I bought for the installation. The new unit fell out of the second story window.
I was married to an idiot like that once, it didn't last long though.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Tired of some readers trying to predict whats happening then they flip there whole world view around.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”