Fumaroles aka Vents

Talk about anything you want to here.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Fumaroles aka Vents

Post by SnowCat »

I remember a resident stomping her walker on an aide's toe. They know who cares and who's just collecting a paycheck. The torches are a nice visual.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Why do all the messages and phone calls from my friends start with: "I need you! I have a problem!"? Can't anybody for once just say: " Hey, I called to ask you how you are, or to ask you out!" ? Why is it always about anybody else but me? Am I just a messenger, a problem solver? A freaking psychologist?
Why doesen't anybody care if I need to talk, but I have to listen to everyone. Not that I don't like it, I love helping, but seriously; can't they just make me feel like I am more than the source of information?

Whew, ok, I'm done! Thanks for listening!

Relieved Wulf :)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I'm absolutely disgusted tonight! Livid even! I was having a cigarette on the balcony when I heard screams "Daddy, please don't, I'm sorry, daddy" and saw a man hitting his son (the child was about 12 - 13 years old). Then the disgusting piece of whatever punched his wife in the face, she fell and he started kicking her. This was the moment when I started shouting at him to stop right this instant or I'm calling the police. He did stop, just to bark threats at me - that he's gonna kill me, he knows where I live, he's gonna do this and that (I'm not going into details, I guess you know exactly what I mean), started swearing, hitting his kid again and when I took my phone out, the kid started begging me to not call the cops as this "man" is his father. Then the wife started begging me too as she said he was drinking and this and that and the other.

I mean, this is something I've only seen in movies, honestly! Never would have imagined I would withes something so horrible and trust me, I just couldn't help myself but interfere. I just couldn't stand there and do nothing and say nothing. I probably should have really called the cops, but thought I might get them something really serious before the police could come. I really am scared for this thing's wife and kid, really.

I know this isn't something you can do anything about, but just needed to share. I feel helpless and frustrated and I hope I didn't do more harm by interfering.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Maybe you still can call the police, find a resource for the woman and give her the info while the perpetrator is gone, encourage her to get help.
That sucks that he threatened you too. This is how she stays trapped. I would also have been intimidated into not calling the police...you never know who is going to snap.
I wonder if there is a" one will get their comeuppance" sort of spell. ?
bb Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I will try to find the woman, hopefully I can help her somehow, I just feel so bad! But I saw where they live and even though it's an 8 floor apartment building, I guess someone will know who she is. My guess is, he is just a coward who only hits women and children, because this makes him feel like a big man, and my husband wasn't here last night to tell him what he thinks, and he will have several things to say when he comes back, I'm sure. So I'm not all that scared by this thing's threats, however, one can never know for sure.

I was wondering the same thing last night about a spell. Hopefully he'll get his just deserts. Such a low life! And in front of the whole neighbourhood. Not that it's any better doing this behind closed doors. It's just horrible.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Well, another rant is about to come. Some people should be fined for not taking proper care for their children, honestly. It's not a huge deal, but it's really nasty - my daughter has lice... yet again. I mean, I spend literally a fortune on shampoos and lotions and what not and yet, some people don't bother to make sure their children don't have them. This is the third time this year I treat my kid. third.
Last time was about two weeks ago when she came from school and was scratching her head and I discovered lice. I went to the pharmacy and bought a lotion at once and spent the next week making sure she's clean. Then bought another lotion and treated her just in case and I'm positive she WAS clean. Not to mention I treated myself and my husband too the very same way, just in case, although neither of us had lice in the first place.
The kids have a spring break from school now and she's spending it with her grandma and today I got a call that she has lice again. I mean, come on! It's so frustrating, why would a parent not pay attention? And what kind of a parent wouldn't make sure their child doesn't have parasites? My mother in law bought yet another lotion and treated her, but it will be on me again to remove the eggs. Rumble, rumble, rumble...
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I bought a new window unit air conditioner for our bedroom. The old one was giving up. My husband decided he didn't need to use the support bracket that I bought for the installation. The new unit fell out of the second story window.
Daughter of Sekhmet
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

Man, this reminds me of the time police came out at the old house, when we were just mowing the grass.
And they claimed we were breaking and entering.
By mowing the stinking grass my grandma owns the old house think about that.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

YanaKhan,
It could be environmental. Contact the school and see if they have proceeded with due diligence. An old coat hanging in a shared Coat Room to the woodchips in the pet Hamster cage. Lice are tough little critters to clean up. They're sneaky too.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That sucks Yana, I remember my child and elementary school...what a pain that is.

NOW ..
I have a BLEEPING rant... DANG and BLEEP and BLEEPING BLEEP BLEEEEEEP BLEEPSTER FReaking Bleep.
I want to kick my self sooooo freakinG hard, I cannot BELIEVE I got a BLEEPING speeding ticket on the way home from my moms today. Bleep! :twisted: I rarely go more than 10 mph over the posted amount.
I am usually really careful in Santa Barbara county because that is the last place I got a speeding ticket thirty three Bleeping years ago. 33 years. Dang. And that's when the speed limit was 55. (...does anyone else remember that ?..Sammy Haggar sang it well) I was doing 67 in a car with a broken speedometer. That was ridiculous. I'll tell you what was even more ridiculous is I had to go to court with my dad cuz it was his car I was driving and he wanted to take the blame for not have the speedometer working. I almost couldn't get traffic school, SB county only allowed 10 mph over the speed limit for traffic school at that time. I was going 12 mph over, dads testimony got the judge to fudge with the speed I was doing so I could take the traffic school. At that time SB county only allowed school once in your lifetime.
WELL this time I'm fully blaming it on the rented car!!!...that thing was quick. I went to buzz around some trucks and other traffic that had bogged down coming out the tunnel at Gaviota. It was waaaaaay windy and I wanted to put space between the trucks an me. Officer said I was doing 83...(I had Arizona plates...wonder if that was a tip? Speed limit there is 75 in many places)...though he probably radared me. I didn't event think I was going that fast, had been doing around 70. BLeep, I cannot afford this, the car rental alone was more than I really have.
AS I recall the process is; pay the ticket amount, and apply for traffic school and pay for that too. and avoid a ding on your record.
I'm mostly angry I broke my really good driving record.
...what a itchbay
AgggggHHHHH
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

SnowCat wrote:I bought a new window unit air conditioner for our bedroom. The old one was giving up. My husband decided he didn't need to use the support bracket that I bought for the installation. The new unit fell out of the second story window.
That's terrible, Snow. Thank goodness you were not hurt.

ff, can't you delay the payment of the ticket? Here if I get one and pay it right away, I get a discount or something, but I can pay it with my taxes if I don't have the money right away. It's a real pain, sorry this happened.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Corona virus has reached Colorado. Some "person" who knew he had tested positive for the virus, decided that traveling would still be a good idea. He needs to travel into orbit, sans spacesuit.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

As a life-long fan of Colorado Avalanche, I'm outraged, lol. Prolly the whole NHL will be cancelled soon anyway.
In Slovakia there is no official case but all countries around us have it. I can see Austria from the window.
Lol it feels like were are outplayed in some crushing strategical siege and the virus is assaulting Slovakia from all possible corners... now you see that it was not vain to define geographical centre of Europe in Slovakia!
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Viruses mutate. I would really like it if this one mutated to less lethal form. Not holding my breath. Although I may have to do that in the MRI tomorrow. The last tech told me I was moving too much. I'd to see her hold her breath for an hour.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Perhaps the tropical temperatures will dry it out but from slightly above zero to mid-spring's breeze we might as well be putting on a fight.
Few recoveries, fewer deaths... how is the life of that major number of infected but not recovered... how you define recovery?
I guess anti-bacterial soap like Betadine can still be more effective way of washing hands? I used it on that thing to cover mouth and nose too although I don't yet wear it.
Best bet is to keep a good immune system and vigorous body I suppose.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”