Fumaroles aka Vents

Talk about anything you want to here.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Fumaroles aka Vents

Post by SnowCat »

Need to vent? Need to fuss and fume and just get it all out? This is the place. Just keep it clean. Forum rules and guidelines still apply. You just have to get creative about your cussing and fussing.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
YanaKhan

Re: Fumaroles aka Vents

Post by YanaKhan »

Thanks, Snow, this comes right on time for me!

Me and my sister in law had this "argument" yesterday. Her daughter and my daughter are very close, one is 10, the other is 8 and have grown up together almost as sisters. My sister in law lives in the same house as my mother in law and my kid is spending a great deal of time there. So the day before the "argument", both girls went to their house, but their grandparents weren't there. In about 10 minutes, my daughter called, very upset, crying over the phone, because her cousin told her to get out (over a very stupid argument. They argue every day and it's not a big deal, except this time my kid had nowhere to go). We live about 20 minutes away from there, which means my kid can't come home by herself. So I went there and picked her up. Yesterday I saw her daughter and said something like "Please, the next time you have a fight, don't cast her out, call me, so I can either talk to her or pick her up. My daughter was very upset because of what you did".

And the kid called her mom at once, telling her that I "attacked her" and she knew this was gonna happen, because my daughter was always on her tail and I was always mean. Then my sister in law called me to yell at me for this. Saying her daughter didn't want to play at that time, so she cast my daughter out, but it was their home, so why would I even talk to the kid, I apparently hurt her feelings. I was in shock - what about my daughters feelings? Being left on the street with nowhere to go, over a stupid argument? What if this was her kid? Her daughter, she said, is sensitive and takes things personally. Well, it was personal. I didn't yell, didn't even raise my voice, simply explained that it was wrong to do that. My sister in law "asked" me to not talk to her daughter if she's not present!

This actually has been going on for years - my sister in law is always yelling at my kid, telling her she's a bad influence on her daughter (my kid is the younger one, yeah, bad influence, my ... lower back), always starting the arguments and so on. The truth is, my child isn't blameless for the arguments, but it's her cousin who likes to see her cry and making her cry by telling her mean things. And when told a million times how worthless she is, my daughter fights back. But my sister in law doesn't see this, her kid is always running to her when this happens and then my kid is the bad one. And for the sake of the good relationship between her and my husband, I don't say anything. I don't want them to argue - they are siblings.

Anyway, this time, I won't let it go. I told my husband and he agreed, the two won't be seeing each other after school at least for a while. I'll make my schedule so I can pick her up from school and she won't be going to their house. Her daughter is not to take my class anymore, because I couldn't possibly be impartial after what happened.
The bad thing about it is, my parents in law are not going to see my kid as much and this is not their fault at all. But we'll think of something.

Thank you for reading all this, guys, I just needed to vent.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Nothin stresses a person out like family. Heh
Becks

Post by Becks »

Oh that's an awful situation. Too bad your sister in law can't think straight in this case. Ugh.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Yeah, in laws come with stress by default :)
Anyway, thanks, ladies. We'll find a way to fix this situation. Thanks for reading and understanding.
bluejay_1919

Post by bluejay_1919 »

Gotta love the inlaws. I actually love my father & mother in law. .But when my sister in law comes into the picture, grrrr. She is very jealous & wants the attention on her kids at all times... and they are older than mine (21,12 &10). I have a 8 and 3 year old. I cannot stand it. She makes holidays & birthday parties a pain in my butt. My hubby & I have finally decided that the only ones that are going to put our kids first, is us. We can't depend on the grandparents when it comes down to my sister in law. She has them trained to do anything she wants for her kids first.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I'm sick and tired of explaining things to stupid people! It's the latest trend here for people to bash others about celebrating Halloween (Samhain in my case, but not that important), because it's not an Orthodox holiday. Well, guys, news flash - I'm not a Christian, Orthodox or otherwise, I celebrate Samhain, whether you think it's Satanic or not and yes, I'm having a Halloween kids party in my house and I actually LOVE that my kid is having fun.
Darn haters!
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Yana,
Good for you!
Sometimes you just have to use your Karma to run over their Dogma!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

I understand the In-Law problems all too well.
When I got married the second time I made sure I married an only child- so far, so good......
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Thanks, ed!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Can I just say WTF!!
It's freaking Monday morning after (for me ) a major holiday.
..the mow and blow guys across the street came at 6:30, (usually they wait till 7:30) ....seroiusly??
The lawn they are doing is more dirt than anything else,
they got to blow dirt at 6 freaking thirty??!
PTSD...goes off and I'm screaming at them. :twisted:

Makes me sad...my neighbor who was used to live in the house
and was killed on his bike had a lovely yard,
his yard guys came in the middle of the day.
Now I must spend time decompressing, I hate feeling this way. :twisted:
:cry:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Becks

Post by Becks »

Thinking of you...that's such a pain in the bottom.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Ouch, ff, this sucks.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks you guys...I ratted on myself at the meeting. ..
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

This time I've had it with the so called Ministry of culture in Bulgaria!
One of the national ensembles is about to be closed. And it's a national treasure! The artists there are earning minimum wage, despite the fact they have studied their whole life and devoted the rest of their lives to music and dance. They have no stage to perform on or anywhere to do rehearsals - they have to pay rent for that and in the name of art they have been doing so for 2 months now! Since 01.01 they haven't been paid at all.
Outrageous!
Since 01 of Jan we are not at the bottom anymore - we are actually digging a hole in it.
I mean, WOW, does it get any worse?
What are we - animals? It seems like they are deliberately trying to make all people here illiterate, stupid and subjective. No wonder the smart ones have already left. I should have stayed in England! Man, am I sorry I ever came back! :evil:

http://ansambal-philipkoutev.artbf.com/en/

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”