"Get Off My Lawn!": Generational Differences in Wicca

Talk about anything you want to here.
mrsdavid1975

Re: "Get Off My Lawn!": Generational Differences in Wicca

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

T. V. And movies tend to change everything. One example .. I fought HARD to get someone to accept me as a female tattoo apprentice. Of course people will want you for your looks and your art , but in reality old bikers wouldn't take a girl seriously back in the 90s. Let's be serious. I was super proud of making it into a shop and learning and acquiring a lot of clients. Getting my name heard in circles here. Then Kat Von d comes along on TV and clowns that shit all up for everyone lol. Now you have fifty tattoo shops in every neighborhood and a rush of every girl you know wanting to be " a tattoo artist". It flooded the tattoo world with trash tattoos and " kitchen scratchers " ( people tattooing in their kitchens and garages ... Back porches .. Bedrooms. Pop up tattoo parties , etc ). and made for a LOT of coverup work we had to do.

What I'm getting at is. There is before Von d and after. There are good and bad aspects to both. It DID break the mold for women ...

The same happened with " the Craft. ". I call that B.C . Wicca. And a.c. Wicca. Before craft. And after craft. Before the craft. Everyone was a satanist. Let's face it. If you're a witch of any sort you have a third eye and you worshipped goats before the craft came along. Afterward , EVERYONE wanted to be a witch. It was cool it was sexy. It was normalized to a degree. Wicca was the word you use to make witchcraft not sound so satanic. It's still that way. If I say I'm a witch someone immediately says " oh. You're Wiccan? ". " no. I'm a witch". " what?!" Then they go back to looking at me like I drain children of their blood on Saturday nights and hunt black cats for dinner. . That's just how people think. TV and movies have ridiculed the witch and put Wicca on a beautiful pure pedestal. That's just the way it is.

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I love everyone and I love every path. I do have a dislike for how things are portrayed on TV though.

Have s beautiful day , all!
theharmoniouscrow

Re:

Post by theharmoniouscrow »

mrsdavid1975 wrote: Have s beautiful day , all!
As always - beautifully put, MrsD.
"It's often a person's mouth that broke their nose." - old Irish saying.

I listen more than I speak - don't mistake that for lack of opinion.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I do my own tattoos in my kitchen.

I just think of it as thrifty.
Sakura Blossom

Re:

Post by Sakura Blossom »

mrsdavid1975 wrote: Wicca was the word you use to make witchcraft not sound so satanic. It's still that way. If I say I'm a witch someone immediately says " oh. You're Wiccan? ". " no. I'm a witch". " what?!" Then they go back to looking at me like I drain children of their blood on Saturday nights and hunt black cats for dinner. . That's just how people think. TV and movies have ridiculed the witch and put Wicca on a beautiful pure pedestal. That's just the way it is.

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I love everyone and I love every path. I do have a dislike for how things are portrayed on TV though.

You haven't offended me! (: I think this is a good point and I have done this before myself. To me it seems so much easier and better for those who don't have a good understanding of paganism/witchcraft/what have you; it really helps to show you're not "evil". I mean you'll still get people who think you are but it's such a harmless word compared to "witch" that has various connotations to it.

Thank you for sharing your opinion!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

HopefulChild wrote:I do my own tattoos in my kitchen.

Hahaha. :p.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

theharmoniouscrow wrote:
mrsdavid1975 wrote: Have s beautiful day , all!
As always - beautifully put, MrsD.
Heh. Thank you. * squish*
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Sakura Blossom wrote:
mrsdavid1975 wrote: Wicca was the word you use to make witchcraft not sound so satanic. It's still that way. If I say I'm a witch someone immediately says " oh. You're Wiccan? ". " no. I'm a witch". " what?!" Then they go back to looking at me like I drain children of their blood on Saturday nights and hunt black cats for dinner. . That's just how people think. TV and movies have ridiculed the witch and put Wicca on a beautiful pure pedestal. That's just the way it is.

You haven't offended me! (: I think this is a good point and I have done this before myself. To me it seems so much easier and better for those who don't have a good understanding of paganism/witchcraft/what have you; it really helps to show you're not "evil". I mean you'll still get people who think you are but it's such a harmless word compared to "witch" that has various connotations to it.

Thank you for sharing your opinion!
Yesss!

I used to avoid saying " witch " for a long time. I would sort of dance around it. " well everyone is spiritual right? ". Lol. Now I'm just like. Meh. I'm a witch. Hate me. I don't care. Haha.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I still don't know what to say.
I avoid it.
I'm in the broom closet. Little things keep slipping out, but I think people choose to ignore them.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

This keeps cracking me up.

Seriously... I keep laughing.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

smogie_michele wrote:

me too every time I see it. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

HopefulChild wrote:I still don't know what to say.
I avoid it.
I'm in the broom closet. Little things keep slipping out, but I think people choose to ignore them.

At this point , I could run naked through my yard singing to trees and licking buttercups and nobody would even blink. Except maybe the neighbors. Since we just moved here and they have no idea what just moved in next door.
HopefulChild

Re:

Post by HopefulChild »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:
smogie_michele wrote:

me too every time I see it. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Well...I don't trust anyone enough to tattoo my sigils into my skin. Their thoughts and emotions and concepts getting mingled with my blood and ink...no thanks. I feel ickier for having written it out.
Especially if they are just "at work"...oh man... That is a really horrifying concept.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Hahaha. Ya. Some sick junk happens in some of these tattoo shops lol. Trust me

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”